Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shared hunts

Shared hunts

So what is your guys opinion on the new shared hunts for all the moose draws in leh

2. Site Sponsor

i think its kinda of a good idea if u look at it...if u go in with a group of 4 u have 4 chances of gettin drawen so ur odds get better...and i like the idea if ur 4th cant make it the rest of u can still go...and u get 2 moose between 4 people thats a lot of moose meat still...but i still like that fact that i can still apply solo...
    Originally Posted by Kechika Proof of sex means your buddy has to take pictures of you pleasuring your deer

I think its a great idea, more hunting chances and more hunters in the outdoors. Some meat is better than none. Puppy.
    GOOD FRIENDS TO HUNT WITH, FRESH AIR TO BREATH, THE B.C. OUTDOORS, BIG GAME AND BROADHEADS, WHAT A LIFE. MAY THE DESTINATION OF YOUR PROJECTILES REACH YOUR DESIRED POINT AND YOUR NEXT HARVEST BEST YOUR BEST TO DATE.

people said its more of a money grab then anything...and in a way it kinda is cuz if a group of 4 get drawen then people have to get moose tags...but its the same if u all apply solo and get drawen u all have to get moose tags...i buy a tag wether or not a get drawen anyways so thats not a big deal with me...if i dont get my leh moose i just chase lil bulls if i see them...last year i seen a few
    Originally Posted by Kechika Proof of sex means your buddy has to take pictures of you pleasuring your deer

I think that there is a good chance we are going to end up with 3 dead moose and only 2 tags..
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

I think its all about money, I agree with Gatehouse, more animals left in the bush. Everybody in the hunting party will have to have radio communication or every time you hear a shot you will wonder if it is your party or someone else'

good points guys...i agree with u on that part too...but they have been running the shared hunt in region 3 since what 2001 there must not have been many problems with it cuz they wouldnt have opened it up through the hole province right??? i could be wrong though

I'm not big on the "no restrictions on methods of communication", anyone else have a problem with this? I'm with coaster and gatsie on this one.

To be honest, i think it's a good idea.

Lets be realistic. People have been shooting other people's tags for years. A guy gets a draw and two guys go into the woods and people decide that whoever sees a moose shoots.

This is just putting a framework to that and making it controllable. and it means if you have 100 moose and 200 hunters, you can still get everyone into the feild hunting. With modern frs and the new models it's not hard to keep in touch. Yes, you have to be carefull. Yes, it's not as nice as everyone having a tag. But i still think its a good idea. It helps streach out the moose population amongst a larger group of people and still keep our sport active.

If you want less animals left in the woods - ditch the forked bull - shit rule. That's a moose killer for sure. They should just make it 'no palm'.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxer

Lets be realistic. People have been shooting other people's tags for years. A guy gets a draw and two guys go into the woods and people decide that whoever sees a moose shoots.

Yup, people have been shooting each others moose for years. It's wrong, plain and simple.

What has happened now is that it is legal, even though it is wrong.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!