Thread: Tritonics Remote Systems.

Tritonics Remote Systems.

Does anyone have a Tritronics remote dog collar system for rent (or just to lend)? I have some unwanted behaviors that need to be addressed with my working lab. I am located in the lower mainland. I will gladly compensate those that can lend one
    High.....Wild......Free

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Tritonics Remote Systems.

First thing to consider before you "wire" your dog is IF you have no experience with E-collars you can do WAY more harm than good. They are NOT the magic bullet. Not trying to be negative here but something to consider.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

yea,,,, i think if your putting it on your friend the dog you should wear it first and give the controler to the wife,,, and if it keeps you in controll then maybe try it on the dog, but try some cookies as treats first , then go from there,, takes time to get a good working dog,, good luck,,

Quote Originally Posted by MountainHigh View Post
    Does anyone have a Tritronics remote dog collar system for rent (or just to lend)? I have some unwanted behaviors that need to be addressed with my working lab. I am located in the lower mainland. I will gladly compensate those that can lend one
    What you trying to fix?... Because E-collars do not extinguish a behavior or ensure a command will be complied with each and every time...which is why a smart trainer who chooses to go the e-collar route runs their dogs EVERY TIME on a collar just in case they need to use it. So I think borrowing is out of the question.

Case in point my dog has not slipped a sit whistle in a very, very long time. She still has an active collar on in case she does...cause if she slips that basic command once and is not corrected.... the next time, when she is wearing a collar, it makes her mentally unstable to get nicked for something that she was allowed to get away with because I was dumb enough not to have her wearing a collar.

BUT, sorry, got to ask...
    Do you have experience with using a collar on your own dog? As Foxton says you can mess up your dog real bad with a collar.

So what you trying to fix?

I have owned a variety of collars before. Unfortunately I sold them over the years. So yes I have experience with this. You can really mess your dogs up if you don't know what you doing.
    High.....Wild......Free

I bought my first collar and researched it online to learn about its proper use. I have had success with it for making the dog "come" , from a distance and in stopping unwanted barking. My dog has worn it daily since I got it. I find the beep or warning function works most of the time. The dog has grown wise as to when he is not wearing it. Strangely, my dog eagerly accepts his collar each morning. I have been fairly successful in past dog training without this collar, but with my last lab, I felt the need for it.

I use one with my dog. She is always very excited when she see's it and makes herself very available to put it on because she associates it with fun.
    I found that instructions that come with these are pretty basic. Kinda falls short I think.
    What I did was used the tone then stimulate function to get her associating the tone with the stimulation. She responds very well to the tone to the point where I rarely shock to get her attention. Most importantly what I did was while toning or shocking I always use my voice at the same moment. Not her name, not a command. I say "hey" in a sharp burst and always use the same tone for this. Timing is everything and overall the use of a e-collar takes all of my attention and I do not use it on a casual basis because corrections and the voice association have to have perfect timing or there is confusion. In doing this I have weened her off the shock and the tone to get her attention. I can get her attention from a long distance now. Also I had her wear it allot before I used it a few hours every day for a few weeks and I still put it on her for outings even though I do not have it on or the remote with me. This random wearing of it makes her not associate tones and shock with the unit. Maybe because my voice, the tone and shock all mean the same thing.