Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Black bear hunting in Sea To Sky country.

Re: Black bear hunting in Sea To Sky country.

Quote Originally Posted by MFERGIE View Post

All great pics. Thanks for sharing MFERGIE. I also have to agree with Casagrande- what's the story behind the last picture? C'mon now, don't let our imaginations go wild

New to the site, how about a joke?

Thanks, the last photo is compliments of my awesome girlfriend, not only did she take some really great footage but was a trooper thru and thru helping me position him properly for field dressing and dragging him on a tarp back through the devils club and bug swarms! Not much of a story but was up checking my regular spots and seeing if any of my trail cams had picked up any action. We pull down the last trail cam plug it into the laptop back at the vehicle and no pictures once again. I have a stretch and look up to see this young boar feeding across the path 150yrds or so. Put the 30-06 behind his shoulder and watched him run thru the thick stuff after the shot. After some waiting time I walked to the place I had shot him and cut a straight path into the thick about 20yrds or so and he was laying on the opposite side of a large fallen cedar he had used to cross a narrow strip of water. Clean center mass lung shot in between ribs in and out, it always amazes me how tough blackies are. A special thanks to the two young guys in the white Chev that were up fishing for the day! I asked them for a quick helping hand getting my bear back across the water...the one time I leave my waders behind! These guys were a great example of comradery between outdoors enthusiasts hunters and fisherman alike, thanks again guys!
    Last edited by MFERGIE; 05-28-2012 at 09:15 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by mbariesheff View Post
    New to the site, how about a joke?
    Ive been on hbc for sometime now but have not been a frequent poster lol, guess there is no sneaking thru the cracks on the jokes around here hey lol.
    I'm no Jerry Seinfeld but here goes...

Standing at the edge of the lake, a man saw a woman flailing about in the deep water. Unable to swim, the man screamed for help. A trout fisherman ran up. The man said, "My wife is drowning and I can't swim. Please save her. I'll give you a hundred dollars."
    The fisherman dove into the water. In ten powerful strokes, he reached the woman, put his arm around her, and swam back to shore. Depositing her at the feet of the man, the fisherman said, "Okay, where's my hundred dollars?"
    The man said, "Look, when I saw her going down for the third time, I thought it was my wife. But this is my mother-in-law."
    The fisherman reached into his pocket and said, "Just my luck. How much do I owe you?"

Quote Originally Posted by MFERGIE View Post
    Ive been on hbc for sometime now but have not been a frequent poster lol, guess there is no sneaking thru the cracks on the jokes around here hey lol.
    I'm no Jerry Seinfeld but here goes...

Standing at the edge of the lake, a man saw a woman flailing about in the deep water. Unable to swim, the man screamed for help. A trout fisherman ran up. The man said, "My wife is drowning and I can't swim. Please save her. I'll give you a hundred dollars."
    The fisherman dove into the water. In ten powerful strokes, he reached the woman, put his arm around her, and swam back to shore. Depositing her at the feet of the man, the fisherman said, "Okay, where's my hundred dollars?"
    The man said, "Look, when I saw her going down for the third time, I thought it was my wife. But this is my mother-in-law."
    The fisherman reached into his pocket and said, "Just my luck. How much do I owe you?"
    Hahaha, good one.

good pics, definately a unigue pic of the boar

"A rifle hunter's hunt is over at 200yrds, a bowhunter's hunt is just beginning at 200yrds."

"Train Hard, Hunt Easy."

"A bow hunter in a week will learn what a rifle hunter learns in a lifetime."- Fred Bear

Nice pictures the bear looks like he has a good size head. Congratulations on a good one.
    Mike

Not really a small population. 50-60 estimated to be up Squamish/Elaho area.

When you read "small population" take it as a good healthy population. Enviro kooks want you to believe they are scarce, when they are not. You have just as good a chance of bumping into a grizz as a black bear in most of BC.

I was lucky enough to move to squamish pre 2010 it was a great experiance.. i love what it was...it has a speacil spot in my heart and life... but yes only insurance claim on a house was 09 a grizz on my first house broke alot downtown squam town..