Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: help with core test

Re: help with core test

im with Vadim bird ID was difficult,, the only sorta difficult part on the practical was the crossing the fence safley part of it.read the animal Id and Bird ID over and over..and us white out and do the questions at the end of every chapter again and again after you read it.or read 2 chapters then do the questions for both the chapters. Good Luck

ahh something else just came to mind as well:
    be sure that you know how to read the synopsis.. i remember a question in there about "what is your bag limit in this region".... and I think the correct answer was either zero or limited entry only.. something about that threw some people off.
    good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc
    Go over proper gun handling with someone who’s done the course, as it may not be familiar with what you’re used to.

Marc.
    This is the most important stuff. Make sure you know how to handle a gun safely - this will not only help you with your test but also when you head afield.

There is no practical portion of the test, unless something's changed since October. Study the manual, understand how to read the regs and it's about as straightforward as any test you'll ever write.

Thanks Metalface,

I actually found a website that addressed my questions. (Hence the deleted post)
    They say there is a practical portion, but that you're exempt if you have completed your CFSC. So as you said, I won't have to worry about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Huntwriter, the number one cause of firearm fatalities is suicide meaning it's not homicides or accidentally shooting yourself. From all the deaths cause by firearms, suicide is the highest.
    +1...there IS a difference...my $.02

Toughest bit for me was Bird ID, everything else was a breeze.

Quote Originally Posted by huntwriter View Post
    .....In my humble opinion. Who really cares with what desperate people kill themself. Unless it is some government or special interest group scheme of; protecting people from themselves. Or perhaps the notion that if there where less guns then there would be less suicides.Whatever the reason may be, thanks for clearing that up for me.
    Just to point out that the course is increasing gun safety by decreasing ACCIDENTAL deaths caused by firearms. It is a fact that is also used to leverage the thinking of keeping firearms and ammunition stored separately. To kill your self now you have to go to two locations in the house and put the gun and ammo together. Common psychology seems to imply that suicidal thoughts/tendencies are not long lasting (like a craving for a cigarette when you're trying to quit ..) and if you can buy a little time the craving will pass .. or in this case, that the suicidal motivation will wane ...
    Last edited by TPK; 07-20-2015 at 12:41 PM.

Post from 2006?
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

Apparently the test didn't work. Even in 2010 he didn't know what a buck was.

Quote Originally Posted by pemberton View Post
    Hi,

Its been a while, the regs used to indicate the amount of tines for antlers. So am I right in assuming unless otherwise stated, "Bucks" is any spiker?
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    Unions and beacon is what I fry the liver in with a coating of flower on the liver ,,I eat the tong,,the hart,, its very good eating......