Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: help with core test

help with core test

I am about to challenge the core test and I was looking for some help from anyone who has just finnished. any questions stand out in your mind that where difficult.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: help with core test

IN my CORE course I find most people have problems with
    Animal and Bird ID and Laws and Regulations sections
    Promoting the sport of Archery and Bowhunting
    NCCP and IBEF Certification

Custom Knives and Game Calls

Quote....."Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid"........John Wayne
    Quote....."It is far better to be alone than in bad company"........ George Washington

not to sound like I am being difficult, but I think if you are asking for hints on what is hard on the test, then you are not ready to challange it. If you are seeking answers to give you a "heads up" or an advantage.. thats unethical.. cheating.
    The reason a challange is in place is so that people who are very familiar with something do not have to go through a redundant course that will teach them nothing above what they already know.

If you have the CORE book, and are willing to challange it this is what you need to do:
    1) read it thoroughly
    2) open the book to any page and be able to explain in detail any topic that is being discussed on that page
    3) have someone else open the book to random pages and quiz you on what ever they come across.

An example of a good challange:
    My father had been a firearms owner for amny many years prior to the "Firearms saftey Course" requirement. It would be of no benefit for him to have taken the course. He knows this stuff, as he has been around firearms for many years and is very familiar with them. To take a course that teaches you how to identify the type of firearm, the correct ammunition and how to unload a gun was of no value to him, just a matter of social policy that he was bound by. Thus the challange.

read more. When you are confident, then challange.

Hootchie

well said
    Promoting the sport of Archery and Bowhunting
    NCCP and IBEF Certification

Custom Knives and Game Calls

Quote....."Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid"........John Wayne
    Quote....."It is far better to be alone than in bad company"........ George Washington

The number one cause of firearm fatalities is suicide. He even mentioned it before I challenged the exam and do you think I would have picked up on it? Oh well still passed with flying colors. Read over the book and you should be fine. Go over proper gun handling with someone who’s done the course, as it may not be familiar with what you’re used to. Being in the military for 16 years we do things a little different not saying it’s wrong but it’s not the exact same as what they want.

Marc.
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

The CORE test is not difficult to do. As has been said before, read the book from the beginning to the end and then read it a few times more. Make notes of the subjects you have a problem with and read then again and again.

Most of the content is common sense.Learning with someone else, friend or family member, makes it easir too. Above all keep your cool. Most people who fail the course do so because of a case of nerves.

Marc is right with the test question about the most firearm fatalities are suposed to be suicide. But it's not true the statistic has been very heavely swayed to make a gun safety statement. Yet you have to give the wrong answer to get it right. The number one cause of suicide is overdosing on legal and illegal drugs followed by using a car to commit suicide. Still puzzels me what point they try to make by naming the guns as the number one cause. People who are that desperate will kill themself with or without gun.
    "Wouldn’t it be wise for us to be more tolerant of each other and pick our battles with the ones that really threaten our way of life?"

Huntwriter, the number one cause of firearm fatalities is suicide meaning it's not homicides or accidentally shooting yourself. From all the deaths cause by firearms, suicide is the highest.
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

Quote Originally Posted by Marc
    Huntwriter, the number one cause of firearm fatalities is suicide meaning it's not homicides or accidentally shooting yourself. From all the deaths cause by firearms, suicide is the highest.
    Ah, I see. That is how it is meant! But I am still puzzled why that seems to be so important. The way it sounded from our instructor "...make sure you get this question right. It is suicide, I repeat. SUICIDE!..." I got the impression that this is really important to the government that we say it is suicide.

In my humble opinion. Who really cares with what desperate people kill themself. Unless it is some government or special interest group scheme of; protecting people from themselves. Or perhaps the notion that if there where less guns then there would be less suicides.

Whatever the reason may be, thanks for clearing that up for me.
    "Wouldn’t it be wise for us to be more tolerant of each other and pick our battles with the ones that really threaten our way of life?"

Thanks alot hoochie. That was great advice. I never thought about reading the book. I just assumed I would get all the answers off this forum.

P.S. I sure liked your story about your dad. he sounds real smmartt.

Bird ID's were the toughest, for me anyway.