Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hunting culture in B.C.?

Re: Hunting culture in B.C.?

If someone shot my dog I would shoot them.................

Quote Originally Posted by Foxton Gundogs View Post
    I've shot grouse over dogs for 52 years in the woods during deer and moose season and never had a problem....Anyone shoots my bird dog while i'm with it better save a round for me cuz I'm coming for them.

10-4 me too. But i hunt behind a lab.

The only accidental dog Shiitin' situation that worries me here is for the guys who own huskies and the like that can be mistaken for wolves.
    But to awnser your question as for my experiance you dont need to worry about someone shooting your pooch. Like i say unless they look like a wolf and range far enough from you that someone may not put it togeather.

Quote Originally Posted by bearhunter338-06 View Post
    and then SS
    half the people in this world are below average intelligence

I've shot grouse over dogs for 52 years in the woods during deer and moose season and never had a problem....Anyone shoots my bird dog while i'm with it better save a round for me cuz I'm coming for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by bearhunter338-06 View Post
    Wow, some real tough hombres here. Kill a human, go to jail, ruin your life, ruin your families lives, never own a firearm again....over a dog. Good thinking! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Nathaniel Poe View Post
    Wow, some real tough hombres here. Kill a human, go to jail, ruin your life, ruin your families lives, never own a firearm again....over a dog. Good thinking! LOL!
    lol I was thinking the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathaniel Poe View Post
    Well # 1...I hope you don't own a dog cuz you don't deserve the unquestioning loyalty they would give you and #2...better learn to read then maybe you can show me where I said I was going to shoot anyone I said I was coming for them I'ts your mind that put me in a kill mode. Get it straight if you want to try and disturb sh*t.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

Well # 1...I hope you don't own a dog cuz you don't deserve the unquestioning loyalty they would give you and #2...better learn to read then maybe you can show me where I said I was going to shoot anyone I said I was coming for them I'ts your mind that put me in a kill mode. Get it straight if you want to try and disturb sh*t.
    LOL....I was thinking the same thing.....

if anyone is gonna shooy my dawg its gonna be me dammit!
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.”

Woha, I didn't means to stir up any sentimental feelings.

To me, the issue is no different than some of those townships where the leash laws are on the records, but suggesting such bylaws to be enforced would be rocking the boat and gets the locals all riled up. So I was seeing if certain weeks are better, or people actually has some commonsense to permit these seasons to overlap when it come to canine companions.

If my dog got shot because I didn't adhere to the local customs, then that's understandable. The responsibility is on ME to keep MY dog safe; like with some towns I've been to, there's an unspoken standard that dogs are not permitted on other people's private property and could be shot without a warning. However if someone is dumb enough to shoot my dog without me being aware of the traditions of the area, or falsely believed he was running deer, then I would be royally ticked.

Haven't happened to me yet, since usually everyone's aware of my dog, but there are family members who share these stories.

Thanks. I don't know anyone who is stupid enough to shoot a dog with a radio or GPS collar either, but it's safer to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by 835 View Post
    10-4 me too. But i hunt behind a lab.

The only accidental dog Shiitin' situation that worries me here is for the guys who own huskies and the like that can be mistaken for wolves.
    I feel sorry for people who own West and East Siberian Laikas then. They are basically hunting strains of huskies, bred for good nose instead of weight-bearing endurance. I am not aware of any in Canada, but I know a few in the States.

Quote Originally Posted by 835 View Post
    But to awnser your question as for my experiance you dont need to worry about someone shooting your pooch. Like i say unless they look like a wolf and range far enough from you that someone may not put it togeather.
    Yes, that's why I asked. Usually bark-pointers range, outside of the human voice, about 500 yards or so away from their owners, then bark up a storm once they locate a game for people to find them. So to someone unaware of these type of working dogs, they would be running at large and harassing wildlife. Of course, if I was running hounds and lurchers, I doubt there would be a problem; however when one have a spitz-type that looks like a miniature Elkhound or a mutant yote, it's another story altogether.

Looks like an orange vest is in order; or a tracking collar.
    Last edited by littleheelers; 05-31-2011 at 02:33 PM.

I would get your pooch a vest, to be safe.
    I dont think people are dog shooters, I think people are wolf shooters. People talk tough about shooting dogs running deer etc. but i have never heard of it happening. But if that dog is in the bush and looks like a wolf an accident might happen.

All would be avoided if yo got a vest for it.
    It does sound like an interesting way to hunt birds,,,, Totally not what i have been around. Pointers, Flushers and retrievers.

EDIT: oh ya,,, dog shootin' threads get everyone's hackles up fast!