Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: HUNTING ARGENTINA - Spears, Arrows and Bullets -

Re: HUNTING ARGENTINA - Spears, Arrows and Bullets -

I dont normally read posts larger than 1 screen, but your story is quite captivating, Ive lost track of how many critters you guys have killed!

Seems like fantasy land! Wow!
    Hunt to live-live to hunt!

dude, that looks friggen awesome!!

Awsome thread. Sounds like a blast.
    ~ If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting. ~ Aristotle

Son of a B......... Why did I turn down the invite to go. Damn....should have sold some of my kids. lol......great job to both of you. Cant wait for our black bear hunt with you guys this weekend and hear some of this over the campfire and drinks.

Frickin' insane
    and to think the story was to get any better?
    I know,you had givin' me a heads up,but still Frickin' insane!

Incredible!

Finally just finished this amazing adventure. Thanks again for sharing this and posting so many great photos.

W.
    Never Mind The Bullshit !!!!!

Well yesterday was another good day. It started out with Stewart shooting his Hybrid Mouflon. The thing was incredibly long and massive. A very good trophy for sure. A knife to the heart finished the animal. Kind of brutal, but the gun he was borrowing seemed to be shooting low and right consistently on most of the animals. Normally Stewart is a great shot but this was not his rifle and I do believe it was the rifle and not the shooter, in retrospect, it may have been worth re-sighting in. Last night when we went out looking for his brocket deer, one was spotted and at 150 yards Stewart made a very good shot, he decided to shoot the gun Cory had been using a 243 win built by Ruger. A brown brocket is a very tiny Native deer here with only 4 inch spikes being a very good trophy. Of course it did run off and about 100 yards, but I think it was a good shot. The dogs were sent out with the trackers with machetes and a path was cut following the dogs on leash to find the downed brocket. The truck came in with lights flashing and honking horns during dessert to top off the evening with relief that the animal was found. On a surprise note the horns were very good and might even make the record book!

Earlier in the day we headed out to hunt what I thought was my Texas Dall ram, but this time Cory would shoot it. Wrong. Leaving my bow at home, we ended up hunting the Somalia ram. This is a goat from, you guessed it, Somalia. It is the most expensive animal on the Ranch to hunt, and the only real reason we ended up hunting it was because it would be included in a package at a greatly reduced rate. Of course I was hit up with this deal a few Quilmes deep, I’m not sure I remember the part of the aggrement where Cory got to shoot the ram!

We went to the field area where Paco thought this rare goat might be browsing. Sure enough as we came around the corner we spotted white and black running about 60 yards off. This was a big one. We jumped off the jeep and closed the distance to 50 yards from where he had run to. Stalking in this type of country is terrible. Everything has a thorn or a burr on it. These cardios burrs get everywhere and stick into anything, even flesh. Against Cory’s advice I did not put on my chaps. These chaps are wicked. They slip over your legs, right over your boots and no burrs stick to them, they are almost like a cordura material. Anyways, coming around the bush in front of us, I spotted the goat running and put up the shooting stick, singular, with a forked antler on top, far too low for Cory’s 6’2” lanky yet amazing body. As the goat came to a halt at about 90 yards the 243 cracked and I heard the thwap of bullet connecting with flesh. The goat took off running behind some bush and she got set up again on the stick and let him have it again, the goat tipped over in the grass, disappearing. We made our way through the cardio ridden grass towards the downed animal. As we sized up the horns of this incredible animal I felt a cardio right up my shorts in my crack. I bent over as Cory picked it out and I was once again happy. I really wished I could have been the one taking this Billy as it is one heck of an animal!

Also during the day I got my chance or rather second chance at a very big Texas Dall ram. I had to choose between a Texas Dall and a capybara and I just didn’t think I could do anything with a capybara back at home. I got set up and waited for the ram to hopefully be funneled past me by the guys pushing the ram. Of course the ram didn’t come by and instead took to the bush again. He went about 10 yards deep into the thorns however was found and spotted hiding. I saw my chance and took a shot with my bow. The animal went down in seconds and that was that.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    Unions and beacon is what I fry the liver in with a coating of flower on the liver ,,I eat the tong,,the hart,, its very good eating......

Unions and beacon is what I fry the liver in with a coating of flower on the liver ,,I eat the tong,,the hart,, its very good eating......

One more post to go on this thread. Thanks for all the comments so far, I almost gave up there! Been off hunting bears latley, so Things go delayed.