Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: HUNTING ARGENTINA - Spears, Arrows and Bullets -

Re: HUNTING ARGENTINA - Spears, Arrows and Bullets -

Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    Unions and beacon is what I fry the liver in with a coating of flower on the liver ,,I eat the tong,,the hart,, its very good eating......

Unions and beacon is what I fry the liver in with a coating of flower on the liver ,,I eat the tong,,the hart,, its very good eating......

Insane!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr. Dean,

HuntingBC. 'Minnie' Mod.
    HUGE fan of taxidermy.
    My HBC Photo Gallery: http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showg...sername=mrdean

Looks like you are living the life man!!! Cool trip!
    Twist and pull.

yep,very much enjoying this tale!

Im not gonna lie, I am jealous!~

Holy cow!! Looks like an awesome trip!! Are you going to be able to get any of those trophies home. The boar skulls would look really cool I bet!!

APRIL 23 – day 3

The day started out late. We woke up at 7:45 and hit the road by 8 am. As we got to the dove spot there were no doves. The main flocks had blackened the sky and left before we got there. Shot for 20 minutes but very few doves were hurt.

We came back for breakfast and after some eggs we donned our cordura chaps and headed into the black buck territory. One of the most beautiful animals here in South America, we really wanted one of these little antelope for our own, even though it’s not a native species. The fact is that there are more here than in their home country, which I believe is India. This is the only animal on this hunt that was enclosed in a high fence. They also had Red Stag and Fallow deer in the high fenced area, but we decided not to hunt these. We were told that the black buck could come and go as it pleased as they can slip under the fences and jump over them, but either way, we wanted one. It was decided before the trip that Cory would take one. She was dropped in a blind in the hopes one would hop on by. Using a bush pushing method was our plan of attack. Sure enough one was scared up by the gauchos! It leapt and dodged its way up to Cory and at about 20 yards she caught sight of it, these things are 50 pound rockets! With a buck shot loaded shotgun readied to intercept, she absolutely smoked it at a full gallop at about four yards away and it rolled break neck, arse over tea kettle, multiple times! One shot, right to the chest! A nice thick horned old bruiser for her. She was very happy and really enjoyed the hunt. Stewart also took a very big black buck with a classic texas heart shot from the 270 winchester. It had massive horns and 4 curls, definitely a real beauty as well.

Back to the ranch for a bite to eat, which was a potato sort of quiche, some spiced rice and hamburger patties with grilled cheese on them. Flan was the desert, but as I have been packing on unnecessary pounds I politely declined. A two hour nap and we were off to hunt doves.

Dove hunting was yet again a real blast. Cory decided not to shoot while I emptied two cases of 500 shots and only brought down 582 doves. I believe a few factors affected my shooting. The doves usually come over the rows at a perpendicular angle. However this evening they were flying parallel to the row and were seeing me and turning before reaching me. I also chose to wear safety goggles as I was getting either lubricant or gunpowder in my eyes. In the close to 30 degree head, they were fogging up with the heat coming off my face and the sweat off my brow. Who knew dove hunting would be so much work, but for the first part of the evening hunt, as fast as they could reload one gun and hand it to me I would exchange it for another pre-loaded one. A very good way to go through way more shells.

However I did find and catch an armadillo. When startled they ball up and hide inside their armor. We took our pictures with him and sent him on his way.

As for now, it’s time for a shower and then dinner. The people eat dinner in Argentina very late at night. Most restaurants don’t open until 8pm and don’t get busy till 10:30 pm! Some restaurants in town we actually left at 2am!