Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Havalon knives?

Havalon knives?

http://www.havalon.com/the-piranta-knives.html

Anyone from this site ever tried these knives out? The disposable blade idea could be a hot one for those that just hate sharpening knives, and a reasonable price to boot!!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Havalon knives?

These knives rock, but are incredibly sharp and dangerous! It takes me about 3 blades to go through a deer, they do not take prying or heavy cutting pressure very well, but they are excellent for skinning. The one you've pictured takes the smaller blades (face/ears) and the larger 60XT blades as well.

Carl
    Don't Go Ninja'n Nobody, Don't Need Ninja'n!

They are great knives. just finished fleshing my old mans bear hide with one last night. I would recommend getting the one with the orange handle as they are pretty small and a dark handle could dissapear pretty fast when placed on the ground.
    Quote Originally Posted by huntcoop View Post
    Considering what information is actually required on the card, yup, you're an idiot if ya make an error.

I have used them for 3 years now, jumped on the band wagon right when they came out ! Every hunter should own one or three !! I caped out 5 deer heads in November last fall and they are sweet !

oh ya this is the part where i say we sell them as well !!

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckShooter View Post

Anyone from this site ever tried these knives out? The disposable blade idea could be a hot one for those that just hate sharpening knives, and a reasonable price to boot!!

Been using one for a few years also.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    Unions and beacon is what I fry the liver in with a coating of flower on the liver ,,I eat the tong,,the hart,, its very good eating......

Which blade/s do you fellows prefer??

The Piranta edge with orange handle is $49.99

This is the one I sell the best and use myself, orange handle is a must as these are hard to find if you set them in the grass.

I always sell the 100pc of blades that way your good for a long time and you dont need to be cheap with the blade's. The holster is handy, the knife has the pocket hook but then when you pack extra blades there so small its nice to just keep everything contained.

Piranta Edge $49.99
    12pc blades $9.99
    100pc blades $49.99
    Holster $9.99

I have been using the Piranta Edge for three years as well. Last year I left it behind after dealing with my bear. I hiked out my bear and got home and realized I left it behind. I liked the knife so much I hiked back in the next day and found it and with out that orange handle that would have been impossible LOL!

Which blade/s do you fellows prefer??
    The #60xt autopsy blades works the best for me. They are the thickest blade, and won't break as easy if you end up twisting it. You can pick up a box of 100 blades off of ebay for $34can shipped.
    Quote Originally Posted by huntcoop View Post
    Considering what information is actually required on the card, yup, you're an idiot if ya make an error.