Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone shooting a APA BOW

Anyone shooting a APA BOW

interested in APA , any coments, or reviews would be appreciated.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Anyone shooting a APA BOW

Give BHarp a PM and he will give you his review of the APA line of bows. They look good to me.
    Smith & Wesson Beats Four Aces!

Yea what he said.
    New 2011 PSE Omen Pro
    56/29 340 fps
    VICTORY ARROWS

give kory @ hardcore archery a call or send him a pm here "mountian man"
    he knows apa's inside and out as he is one of thier staff shooters.he will also be able to answer any and all of your questions with pretty much most other top end bows.
    bhb
    i didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a friggin vegatarian

Bow Walker Guest

Yea what he said.

I have a 2009 APA Boa.. now discontinued.. all the same it's a quiet one cam bow thats draw length adjustable without a bow press or modules and whips a 387 grain arrow along at 297 fps at 28.5 in draw and 72 lbs. This bow has an IBO of 328. I really like my APA and doubt I will be needing another for quite some time to come. I had one problem with the bow.. in 2010 the string stop button started to split and I emailed Nibal at APA.. Had new rod and stop by end of the week. The difference between the 2 rods.. the new one was ground rounded.. the original was square cut and caused the failure of the rubber stop.
    Prompt service and a Canadian outlet gets my business.

Bow Walker Guest

I saw an APA bow at the Malahat Shoot yesterday. Clean lines, slim , strong, uncluttered look, and above all deadly. I'd shoot one in a heartbeat.

I find them top heavy and wanting to fall forward on me ... I need to add rear stab and weight .... other than that they are a fine hunting bow
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

Refine your question this could take all day. lol

Hunting ?
    or Target Archery ?

As far as a hunting bow goes there 2011 line up is top notch.

Are they the best ?? Who is the best ??? So many great bows this year from many major manufactures.

This is a long winded question so I will confirm a few things to start.

They have 7 bows in there line up this year with all sorts of different specifications.

Speed / Kinetic Energy- No problem in this department, They produce one of the fastest IBO speeds in the industry @ 362fps
    Twin cam or Solo cam - No problem 4 solo cams and 3 twin cams to choose from.
    Brace height - No problem, 7", 6" , 5" take your pick.
    Physical weight - They start at 3.5lbs
    Colours - Many to choose from, all bow's available in 6 different colour combinations

I look at the line up with the following attitude, APA is producing bows that keep up with all the industries demands. Keeping the hunter in mind there bows are physically light weight, smooth shooting, quiet, fast, and reliable ! There a Canadian company with great customer service. They have bows to suite all shooters with brace height and two cam systems to choose from. If you really look close at the product and actually shoot there new bows there really is nothing negative that you can say. Its personal. There is no doubt in my mind that there bows offer anything any brand offers.

On top of this there tool centre really is smart, this is the part where all the other guys get to call them the "swiss army bow " Well hell ya ! If a bowhunter does not have any use for the, bow hook, the carry handle, knife sharpener, nock tool, broadhead tool, cam lock pin, then your not much of a bowhunter. These features get used, trust me !!! In the end if they don't I can tell you one thing that none of these features will handicap your shooting in any way !

I will not try and convince people that there the best thing going but I can defend the nay sayers and challenge most people that think the APA bows are not up to the challenge. Dont let the Dodge vs Ford guys tell you any different. We sell more Mathews bows than any dealer in BC, and sell a lot of PSE bows as well. We still sell more APA bows then any other brand.

If you are a target archer then I may have some other comments but being that most guys on HBC are hunters I hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by bowshooter27 View Post
    interested in APA , any coments, or reviews would be appreciated.

So far from what I have experienced with my 2011 mamba m7 is that the bow is extremely well made, fast, and reliable. The grip on them works very well for me and many others. The bow is exceptionally accurate and forgiving. Overall I think they are great bows
    Even the worst day of hunting will always be better than a day at home