Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: True North Smoker

True North Smoker

The wife bought me one of these for christmas and I haven't got around to using it yet. Basically the same as a little cheif I think. Anyone with experience or advice?

Rob

2. Site Sponsor

Re: True North Smoker

Have had one for years. Love it. My wife threw out the recipe book it came with by accident. Too bad cause it had the best smoked salmon recipe ever. I can't remember the name of it off hand though. Would you mind listing off some and I will tell you which one it is. Maybe you can copy it and send it to me. I would be grateful

Thanks.

let me dig it up

Would it be
    "SUPER SMOKED SALMON"
    ??

Rob

Thats the one.......Incredible results. Make the brine, let it sit over night, then add it to the fish, let it sit over night again....then smoke. Time consuming but really worth it....I need a yummmmmmy icon

I tried friend's recipes, ones I found on the net, some in books but for me, none of them came close to the one that came with the smoker. It's funny cause I tried the others first, I thought the ones in the book wouldn't be as good. Thought it might be something they just slapped together......boy was I wrong.

do they work good? are they easy to use? The only thing that put me off is they are not insulated and it is so windy here. Once we move I will have to try it out some. What is the easiest thing to smoke?

They work well, but I did find that if it's really cold it takes longer of course. One time in a cold snap it took me 3 days to smoke a batch of salmon.....lol. But it was worth it. I have only done fish in mine.......just follow the directions and it will turn out well.......keep checking the fish though. Some people like it moist some drier.....so keep checking it and see what you like best. any questions shoot me a PM....and thanks for the pm from you.

Oh....... remember not to use soap or cleaners inside it.......thats bad. Explains it in your manual as well

dirty

when you get out here
    I can teach you to smoke salmon
    Promoting the sport of Archery and Bowhunting
    NCCP and IBEF Certification

Custom Knives and Game Calls

Quote....."Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid"........John Wayne
    Quote....."It is far better to be alone than in bad company"........ George Washington