Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 22's an turkey's?????????

Re: 22's an turkey's?????????

Quote Originally Posted by huntwriter View Post
    I could phone up the hunters involved and ask them to provide me with the reports they filed then scan them and post it here, just for you.
    this should be interesting

Quote Originally Posted by BillBraskii View Post
    this should be interesting
    It would be interesting if documentation was ever produced, but I am not holding my breath.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Sounds like a broken record. Same song over and over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    It would be interesting if documentation was ever produced, but I am not holding my breath.
    google "turkey hunting accidents". some very sad events. more people get shot turkey hunting than any other type of hunting.

i can only speak for myself, but in region 4 this spring i have been unable to work a hard gobbling bird at day break for more than 45 mins before being overran by other hunters. its the classic case of hunters trying to out smart the other hunter. very sad, extremely dangerous.

google "turkey hunting accidents". some very sad events. more people get shot turkey hunting than any other type of hunting.
    And most times it is with a shotgun!

And never in BC!

I have certainly tried to find info about hunters in British Columbia shooting one another, but it's very, very rare.

can only speak for myself, but in region 4 this spring i have been unable to work a hard gobbling bird at day break for more than 45 mins before being overran by other hunters. its the classic case of hunters trying to out smart the other hunter. very sad, extremely dangerous.
    This happens when calling in elk, too. And the hunters are armed with centerfire rifles. Hunters are not being killed en masse.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Really entertaining guys - sad, but entertaining, but MY GOD, GATEHOUSE....."en masse"?....IT ONLY TAKES ONE!!!!!
    "Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye;
    Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark."

"A man's got to know his limitations"

Quote Originally Posted by Brez View Post
    Really entertaining guys - sad, but entertaining, but MY GOD, GATEHOUSE....."en masse"?....IT ONLY TAKES ONE!!!!!
    And BC has one of the finest records of hunters not shooting each other anywhere. Even when calling in elk or other animals.

PS Huntwriter, I didn't actually want to see the reports filed by the hunters you claim were fired at and filed reports with the CO's. I can understand that they wouldn't want to share personal information. But surely you can just give us the CO OFFICES where they filed the reports? That way anyone interested in safety information could be able to discuss it with the officers who took the statements to see if the issue is widespread or an isolated instance, or any further recommendations for hunter safety they may have.
    Last edited by Gateholio; 05-04-2011 at 09:43 PM.

I usually find anti hunting people have almost been shot many times, but hunters that are out there in the thick of the action seldom have those stories..
    "You Fat Man, Speak Up"

I saw a friend of mine in Ontario kill a monster gobbler with a slingshot, bird was eating his tomatoes! What FPS on a slingshot?