Thread: Clowhom river or mcnab creek

Clowhom river or mcnab creek

was wondering if any one has hunted these area as I thinking putting in for elk in the area. Would like to know what the accses is like. Thinking boat is the only way. Any info be great.looking for the info before i fill out leh card

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Clowhom river or mcnab creek

Go Mcnab creek....and yes....need a boat. But the elk are numerous there and a great place to hunt

McNab is a private dock. Best to find one of the owners, and request permission to tie up. The estuary is not a real good place to go ashore.

Might be worth calling bc hydro or the logging outfit to ask about the backroads access. It looks as though you could drive around, then come down the valley.

There are loads of roads in Clowhom river and you can get on a barge that goes from Schelt into clowhom not sure on $ but it is a ferry that pushes a barge and most of the traffic is to big to go in the ferry, 0nly on the barge so if you went over with just your quads and gear you may get a cheap ride ,as long as the ferry is going anyway.
    manglinmike

I was just up there two weeks ago quoting some up coming work on Bear Creek. The barge company is Mountain Marine based out of Porpose bay. There is a ton of construction going on up there, two major run of the river projects . When I was up there i didnt see any Elk but a ton of bears. If you do go up there make sure you have a radio with the current channels for that area so you dont get ran over!

Quote Originally Posted by 270WIN View Post
    was wondering if any one has hunted these area as I thinking putting in for elk in the area. Would like to know what the accses is like. Thinking boat is the only way. Any info be great.looking for the info before i fill out leh card
    did you find any info? I got a LEH authorization but I dont know how to get there

Quote Originally Posted by aruiz View Post
    did you find any info? I got a LEH authorization but I dont know how to get there
    I have a draw for McNab too. I have a thread started, Just search for McNab and you will find it.