Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Great Dall sheep hunts...very well done videos.

Re: Great Dall sheep hunts...very well done videos.

The 1 rifle for 3 guys was surprising to me too...it was even more surprising to see that the 3rd guy didn't get to go for anything...basically just on sherpa duty!! I wonder if it was just because they ran out of time?

Quote Originally Posted by TSW View Post
    The 1 rifle for 3 guys was surprising to me too...it was even more surprising to see that the 3rd guy didn't get to go for anything...basically just on sherpa duty!! I wonder if it was just because they ran out of time?
    The two brothers are from Arizona, They met the third guy (an Alaskan resident) on a Alaskan hunting forum and set up the hunt with him. Just like you can do in BC, an accompany hunt for nonresidents....... Every year you see guys from Alberta posting looking for guys to take them out on here.......

Very well documented hunt with some great footage. Those guys worked hard and certainly deserved those rams. They showed good judgement, and patience, for first timers.

The mono-tone narrating almost put me to sleep though

Pretty cool that its still shooting light at 12:44am...... I guess when your that far north its not dark for long.
    Quote Originally Posted by huntcoop View Post
    Considering what information is actually required on the card, yup, you're an idiot if ya make an error.

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    Did anyone catch what they did with the meat from the first ram for the rest of the hunt?
    I'm assuming they buried it in snow somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by BromBones View Post
    Very well documented hunt with some great footage. Those guys worked hard and certainly deserved those rams. They showed good judgement, and patience, for first timers.

The mono-tone narrating almost put me to sleep though
    True . . . at least they came across humble throughout which was impressive. It makes sense that they are from Arizona as some things didn't quite jive if they were locals.

Quote Originally Posted by Slee View Post
    Pretty cool that its still shooting light at 12:44am...... I guess when your that far north its not dark for long.
    To top it off it was in mid August! It's nearly 24-7 hunting . . . they've a good 3 hours extra hunting at the end of the day plus some at the start. Not sure if I could keep up this pace?
    "Every time is a once-in-a-lifetime experience . . . all different" Glenn St. Charles

LIFE MEMBER: RMGA, WSSBC, BGRCBC

Thx for the link... Awesome done video. I Dont care how much $$$$ on equipment, DIY =PRICLESS...