Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got a Bradley Smoker!

Got a Bradley Smoker!

I'm excited! I just picked-up a Bradley Smoker (original...not digital) from Canadian Tire. It's currently "seasoning" on the front porch. Tomorrow, I'm going to try smoking the turkey I arrowed last week. I'll let you know how its turns out!

BTW, the smoker was $100 off the regular price.
    I won't always be young, but I can be immature forever

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Got a Bradley Smoker!

You're gonna love it!!!

Pull your head out of your Ass
    long enough to see how stupid you look!!!!!

There's no other smoker like it! have fun!!!

The element will die halfway through the bird, but Bradley will send you a new one. A new element, not a new turkey
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Quote Originally Posted by todbartell View Post
    The element will die halfway through the bird, but Bradley will send you a new one. A new element, not a new turkey
    Ha ha. I Hope not. I know some people have had chronic problems with their smokers, but others have had years of trouble-free service....I hope I'm in the later group.
    I won't always be young, but I can be immature forever

Element on mine is 4 years old and still going strong.

how do you season a smoker?

I think he is running it to burn off any oils, new metal ,rubber, plastic etc smells that might be on the inside of the smoker from the manufacturing process.
    Give it some heat and some smoke.
    All home stove {ranges} ovens have to be run on high heat for an hour or so when you first buy them .... and they stink the house up when ur doing it ...

Mine is 13 years old and still running fine. The only thing to replace was the plastic plug in the back of the smoker, it gets very brittle in the cold and broke when pulling out the cord. Bradley sent me two new ones no charge.

Will be looking at a new digital 6 rack in the future as we are learning that we can cook pretty well any thing in it. Have been cooking duck breasts, ribs, roasts and of course fish, plus veggies and drying fruit in it.

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

they're great units, however I guess Im just bitter since my element died on it's 3rd use, halfway through my jerky! And a few people I know have experienced the same, element crapping out in the first handful of uses

Bradley did send me one in 3 days however
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004