Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What Kind of Grub everyone feeding your dog?

Re: What Kind of Grub everyone feeding your dog?

Our 17 month old lab has been eating raw goose every day since he was 3 months old.Some days I mix in a cup of Old Roy kibble. He has the shinyest
    coat I've ever seen! He is healthy and happy and full of mischief!!
    Before anyone asks, no he doesn't chew up the ducks and geese he retrieves!!!---Cheers---Field Marshal.

FYI I've been using www.dogfoodadvisor.com to compare various dog foods. Lots of information there, including dog food recalls.

Quote Originally Posted by bcbrez View Post
    Yeah I feed both of mine the kirkland now and find no difference from when i was feeding them Orijen or Acana. I also pressure can all the scrap meat and trimmings from cutting up our deer, elk, moose, bear or whatever else. They love it.
    My friend just bought a bag of Regional Red Orijen and it cost him almost $100 after tax. That's a lot of money for dog food! And that's only 27lbs of food. I think I'm going to start experimenting with adding more raw to Jin's diet and maybe try a few months of pure raw.

I can buy 40lb boxes of chicken frames from a Cowichan farm for 79c/lb. And I'll probably buy bulk ground beef from Wal-mart or whatever is the cheaper source. If I see a significant change in Jin, then I'd definitely do the switch over to full raw.

Our Bouvier(Grizzly) who is 1 year old and about 80 lbs now and still growing gets fed Acana Lamb and Apple. He gets about 1.5 cups of kibble 3 times a day, a 1\4cup of pureed pumpkin with dins and about a half pound of raw dog food from our local butcher which is a mix of trimmings, fat and organ meet with lunch.

Unfortunatly he fractured a growth plate in his hind leg and damgaged his ankle at the same time close to 3 months ago. We are doing what we can now while he is young to keep his diet as "clean" as possible to aid his recovery and hopefully prevent serious complications as he gets older.

fuzzy

Fisher that is a misprint we cook the bear into dog treats.

Quote Originally Posted by solanderdog View Post
    FYI I've been using www.dogfoodadvisor.com to compare various dog foods. Lots of information there, including dog food recalls.
    Interesting Kirkland overall rating quite impressive strangely enuff no report on PC however Iams(who makes PC currently) is rated lower than Kirkland have to check this out. Thanks
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

I changed my dog to raw a little while ago and have noticed a big differance in his coat, breath, stool and he farts alot less. I add omega 3,6 and 9 oils once a day. He gets a pound in the morning and a pound for dinner and Raw bones for treats. costs half as much as the food my vet wants to feed him.

Canadian Naturals with Wild Salmon and Turkey..... we've had good results. Our lab doesn't stink at all and his coat is wicked, without being too oily.

Orijen .
    Originally Posted by averagejoe
    thats pretty cool. i bet you get close to those cats some time when there low in the tree hey. when do they have kittens?? do you ever see baby cougars in the tree or do they hide in her pouch?

Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle
    ....I guess some peeps think a mother griz is like a crack whore ready to drop her baby at the first church door she sees...funny

My dog eats Kirkland kibble, I supplement that with my Bear Meat Dog Food that I made... She loves it. If we ever eat bacon I pour the fat into her kibble she loves that too. If we have roast/steak etc.. She gets all the table scraps mixed in with her food. If you give her straight kibble she looks at me like I am an idiot, she wants the gourmet.

Carl
    Don't Go Ninja'n Nobody, Don't Need Ninja'n!