Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What Kind of Grub everyone feeding your dog?

Question What Kind of Grub everyone feeding your dog?

Just wanted to a general poll about what everyone is feeding their dogs...
    Just thought it would be a good subject to banter about.

I do Eagle Brand, with a coating of Missing Link Canine formula.
    But i have also been adding in a bit of beef heart, beef liver, and turkey necks.

The big debate about moving to from bagged to real meat.....
    Just wondering if anybody does raw? And if so what amounts are they getting...

"Maximum of Quality in the Minimum of Size!'
    Monsieur Gaston Pouchain

2. Site Sponsor

Re: What Kind of Grub everyone feeding your dog?

Professional low fat chicken. My dog aint fat but when i bought the low fat by accident i found out he doesnt fart as much with it. Asked the vet and he figured there was no real differance between the foods.

He also gets all the veggi trims when im cooking and the bits left on the plate. Yes this will contribute to his fartty ass but still not as much as the old food!

I use Acana lamb and apple as one of my dogs has skin allergies and the fewer fillers and additves seem to keep his skin from drying out. My rotti/great dane also gets a handful of organ meat a couple times a week which really seems to help his knees. Then both get raw bones from all my game animals as treats.

I feed my airedale raw diet, which consists of ground meat, bones, and assorted veggies. Some meals are just bones (with some meat and marrow). Dried liver and hearts for treats.

I fed Iams for years and just recently found out that Super Store PC brand is made by and with the same formula as Iams so I have been doing a controled test for the past 3 months now and find no defrance in stool output energy leval coat consistancy etc between the two brands. PC made by Iams?? Can't say for sure BUT I am seeing both products preform the same or seem to at this point and PC runs about 1/2 the cost( a real factor when you are feeding upward to 10 dogs. The only caution to be considered is that like all in house brands I assume PC probably awards their pet food mfg. on a contract leval for a certain leingth of time sooo.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

Feed mine the raw diet, beef/bone/veggi, chicken/bone/veggi. I hear they don't need the veggi but what the hell.
    Buck a lb. with no garbage in it.

I feed a raw diet also and have noticed a positive change in his coat, breath and what comes out the other end.
    To warm barrels and cold noses

Bow Walker Guest

Dry food diet from the Vet's (which costs the same as any bag from Petcetera) and lots of water, along with bones to gnaw on from time to time. Plus lots of exercise and swimming.

Raw diet. Chicken, veg, bone, organ meat. Healthy dog, WAY smaller shits, better breath, clean teeth. From Surrey Meat Packers in Cloverdale. Costs $50 + HST for 50 lbs and my pup eats a lb a day or more if hes hunting or getting more work than normal.

Oh ya and on this diet he drinks considerably less water than when he was on a high quality kibble because of much less salt and filler.