Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: To Log In or Not to?

Re: To Log In or Not to?

Since I made some forums not able to view two days ago we've gained over 100 new registered members in that two day period. Why allow non registered non contributing viewers to leach information from the sites using up bandwidth? It's free to register and you can use invisible mode if you don't like beIng seen online when you're supposed to be working
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckShooter View Post
    Why are you even looking? Who cares??
    I often use it to see when the person was last online, ie: if they have read a private message.
    I also prefer to PM when members are online so you can have somewhat of a conversation. Not 3 days of back and forth hit and miss.

The more mysterious you are the more interesting you are???
    Disagree. I would much rather know a person for who they are not some internet personality. I've met quite a few guys from this site now, and I can tell you they are all a lot more interesting then "jelvis"

I notice you won't even tell us where you live??? I wonder what your hiding????
    No secrets here, I live in Quesnel. It would take about 2 seconds to find that out.
    Last edited by KB90; 04-20-2011 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Since I made some forums not able to view two days ago we've gained over 100 new registered members in that two day period. Why allow non registered non contributing viewers to leach information from the sites using up bandwidth? It's free to register and you can use invisible mode if you don't like beIng seen online when you're supposed to be working
    I understand the change, and its a good thing overall.

I did like to be able to browse without logging in, however, so that I could keep track of all the threads that have been active since my last log-in. When I only have a few minutes to kill, I'd open up the site and just check out "Today's active posts" while not logged in. Then, later when I had more time, I'd log in and browse all "New Posts' so I wouldn't miss anything.

Since I can't do that, I don't/won't come check things out here nearly as often and will just wait 'til I have time. Will probably make my employer happy.
    "If you want to hunt beasts you don't see every day,
    You have to go places quite out-of-the-way.
    You have to go places no others can get to,
    You have to get cold and you have to get wet, too."
    - Dr. Seuss

For logging in I use Norton "Identity safe". It remembers my info and puts it in every time to log in..easy as 123. You can set it up any way you want..No big deal and its quick.
    " You know you're in Goat country when it takes both arms
    and legs to climb and you can spit down on sheep". Patrick Stephens

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    Extra points to whomever can post the best pic of Christys boobs!
    "When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the Universe." - John Muir

KB,

I go stealth mode because i spend alot of time
    Last edited by 835; 04-20-2011 at 02:45 PM.

hahaha well that makes sense. You should probably delete your post now. It's evidence.

thanks!!! haha

Quote Originally Posted by Kody94 View Post
    I understand the change, and its a good thing overall.

I did like to be able to browse without logging in, however, so that I could keep track of all the threads that have been active since my last log-in. When I only have a few minutes to kill, I'd open up the site and just check out "Today's active posts" while not logged in. Then, later when I had more time, I'd log in and browse all "New Posts' so I wouldn't miss anything.

Since I can't do that, I don't/won't come check things out here nearly as often and will just wait 'til I have time. Will probably make my employer happy.
    Me too, except I don't have an employer monitoring "his time" anymore!
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

I like the new set up and IMHO is long overdue. Good call Marc.

It may be an inconvenience to some but I think for the most part it is for the good of the membership.

It also acts like a tease to those who see the tittles but can't see the content. They see how many people are logged in and going through the forums and I think this will encourage them to join the site and hopefully participate in the forums. We've gained another 30 registered members just today alone and 110 new members in the past 3 days.
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF