Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: To Log In or Not to?

Re: To Log In or Not to?

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    It may be an inconvenience to some but I think for the most part it is for the good of the membership.

It also acts like a tease to those who see the tittles but can't see the content. They see how many people are logged in and going through the forums and I think this will encourage them to join the site and hopefully participate in the forums. We've gained another 30 registered members just today alone and 110 new members in the past 3 days.
    All good news for the site. Thanks Marc.

I know some didn't like the idea of having to login to see certain forums but it has helped immensely in determining where the spam was being generated from and has cut down on unnecessary usage of resources that is now being enjoyed by the registered users.

Did it make a difference to get lurkers to register? Well in the month of April alone we got a record 563 newly registered members after weeding through it all. I've managed to stop a lot of foreign spam from hitting the servers and it's cut the work of trying to process over 400 new memberships to a little over a hundred per day now and I expect that to drop as well as I weed out the remaining countries that are sending spam. We'll get the odd one that will slip through the cracks but so far it's been pretty good.

Anyone notice the website getting faster in the past 24 hours?

Marc.
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

I find that annoying pause when you first click to a thread gone!
    [Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

If you cite things that happen in the US of A but live in Canada, then you might be living as an idiot in a great country. ..... clueless