Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sights and Rests (Compound Bow)

Sights and Rests (Compound Bow)

Just curious....

What would be a decent quality sight for a hunting compound bow for $100 or less?

Also I have used the Whisker Biscuit before and quite like it. Is there anything that anyone has found to be better / different in a good way etc?
    "Know your Land, Know Your Prey" - Mantracker

"I still don’t know why I fish or why other men fish, except that we like it and it makes us think and feel."Roderick Haig-Brown

www.nrgcbc.ca

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Sights and Rests (Compound Bow)

Quote Originally Posted by .303 View Post
    Just curious....

What would be a decent quality sight for a hunting compound bow for $100 or less?

Also I have used the Whisker Biscuit before and quite like it. Is there anything that anyone has found to be better / different in a good way etc?
    3D ? Target ? Hunting ?
    all of the above with same bow ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruger4 View Post
    3D ? Target ? Hunting ?
    all of the above with same bow ?
    Thanks....should've mentioned that....All of the above with the same bow.

"I still don’t know why I fish or why other men fish, except that we like it and it makes us think and feel."Roderick Haig-Brown

www.nrgcbc.ca

Bow Walker Guest

Here are a few options for you to consider....

http://hardcorearchery.ca/proshop/Accessories.html

http://www.bowhunterssuperstore.com/...p-1867881.html

http://www.grouseriver.com/Cobra_5_P...arc-000183.htm

As for a hunting rest - the WB is one of the best. It does well enough for 3D and target too, so no sense spending extra money.
    Last edited by Bow Walker; 04-20-2011 at 08:55 AM.

i think it becomes a personal preference, I like the cobra sight as well. Just bought a truglo sight. They are quite bright and have bigger pins which I like for hunting. As far as 3d some guys like the smaller pins (.019) for picking out 10x's. I think it depends what kind of shooter you are. I am really happy with a 10 or 8 on a 3d course, Others are only happy with a 10x. When shopping try and put the sight in a lower light situation and compare, You'll be surprized at how good some sights are and are not. As far as a rest NAP has a similiar rest to whisker but only holds in 3 points. I just mounted seems pretty good and doesn't mess with your fletching.

Bow Walker Guest

I hope you aren't disappointed with your rest. Ones that have brushes to hold the arrow tend to wear out pretty quick. But then again, it depends on how much you shoot.

Either Tru-Glo or Cobra will give you a rather 'inexpensive' sight that will do the job for you - until you are ready to upgrade to a premium sight that will last. I've used both and found them to be quite adequate for their purposes.

Forget about cheap and get a Spott Hogg. The last sight you'll ever need.
    I won't always be young, but I can be immature forever

Thanks for those that replied. I think a Spot Hogg might be something in the future, but not on my budget right now.

Anybody else, I know there are a tonne of bowhunters here....

www.nrgcbc.ca

Quote Originally Posted by .303 View Post
    Thanks for those that replied. I think a Spot Hogg might be something in the future, but not on my budget right now.

Anybody else, I know there are a tonne of bowhunters here....
    I just found a lightly used mint in box 7 pin wrapped 'Hunter' Spot Hogg for $150 thats going on my EVO , there are some decent deals out there if you keep your eyes and ears peeled !!

Bow Walker Guest

Keep checking Ebay and Craigslist. Something may just show up. Don't forget about Archery Talk either.