Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Alaskan Brown bear hunt...THIS SAT??

Re: Alaskan Brown bear hunt...THIS SAT??

Sounds awesome Steve. Good luck and have fun.
    kenny
    I love it when the seasons change.
    Fishing to Hunting.

hunt of a lifetime is an understatement,i would consider taking my bow along and seeing as there is already going to be an extra gun or 2 there i probably would be all over it.
    hey pg ,don't you own a bow,after all i have seen some pretty good long distance groups of yours on a thread.
    i didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a friggin vegatarian

I have been thinking about the bow today as well.Its hard enough just to get my clothing together right now , taking a breather here.. I dont have enough arrows and havent shot since the fall.I took my bow into the Tat. for grizz last time but never came on the right set up....the thought gets the goose bumps goin though! If I had more than 24hrs to get ready I woulda took it for sure....leaving in the am tomarrow , found out this am...back to packing I go!

lucky dude. Have Fun, come back in one piece.

borrowing a rifle? good luck Steve! looking forward to the vids
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Quote Originally Posted by todbartell View Post
    borrowing a rifle? good luck Steve! looking forward to the vids
    You offering up the new "King"??

Ya,my buddies bringing me one , will either be a 338 lapua or a 375. Will be shooting a right handed gun as I shot left..minor thing to bitch about considering! Deffinitely not enough time to get the' silly permit shit' going for a gun from here to there! I cant wait to terrorize the guide! FINALLY MY TURN! " when we going to see one Mr Guide?" or " what? we have to walk up THERE???" or , " could you cut the crusts off my sandwich" how about " I'll wait here , you hike up there and look for me" hahahaaaaaaaaa...this outta be good!

haha..have fun. Dont eat the hashbrowns~!
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Still insanely jealous...But I am so stoked for PG66's opportunity...

This is gonna be GOOD hunt. Be interesting for the consummate guide to be GUIDED.

** What I mean by this is that PG66 is always *guiding*....No matter what hunt we go out for- bear, deer, moose- even if it is his *turn* to shoot,he is always guiding.....pointing out interesting stuff, good strategy, etc....

Always VERY FUN to hunt with PG66!

Be very interesting to hear his observations about being guided.....
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

This is deffinitely interesting and giving me a taste of the 'other side' of what the guys who come up north go through.
    I havent a clue what I am in for , packing loads of shit , wondering if I forgot anything , need anything , have too much? I find myself wondering what my guide is going to be like?? in shape? experienced? able to hold a conversation or have a mouth full of chew talking like a dumbass? whats the food gonna be like? ect ect..kinda weird having all these thoughts....going to be wild. Will start videoing tomarrow...bush camp Sun am...