Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Bow!

New Bow!

Picked myself up a 2010 PSE Axe 7 just over a month ago and i was really liking it but last weekend at a 3D i was hitting high on everything. I couldnt figure out what the problem was until today i dug out my bow and check over the cams and stuff and the letoff/draw length module had slipped. I took it in to boormans today and they said they could send it away and get new cams and what not under warranty. But its bow season and i couldnt wait for that to get out shooting. They were willing to take the Axe on trade for a Dream Season Evo. (With a few bucks thrown in on my part).

Im shooting ~400grains Xweave 300s at 292fps with a whisker biscuit at a 29 in draw 60#.
    I havent been so impressed by a bow yet. The axe was sweet and fast but this thing shoots like a dream at almost 300fps with a draw as smooth or smoother than the Axe.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: New Bow!

Is it a 70# bow cranked down to 60# or a 60# bow?
    "Know your Land, Know Your Prey" - Mantracker

"I still don’t know why I fish or why other men fish, except that we like it and it makes us think and feel."Roderick Haig-Brown

www.nrgcbc.ca

60#. I used to shoot a 70 before the Axe and i find 60 to be so much performance without any work. I wanted to get the 60 - 70 but these things are so hard to get ahold of that i just went with it.
    Last edited by seanfalloy; 04-13-2011 at 03:33 PM. Reason: spelling

PMB mod lockers work great fort about $20. Mine slipped as well and I went that route. It looks like they are atandard issue on the 2011s so maybe see if Boormans can give/sell you a set instead of replacing the cams

Cheers
    All the good lines are already taken

Very nice. I used to deal with that store too, until I moved away. Ron is very knowledgable.
    "Know your Land, Know Your Prey" - Mantracker

"I still don’t know why I fish or why other men fish, except that we like it and it makes us think and feel."Roderick Haig-Brown

www.nrgcbc.ca

Boormans is great. I recently got laid off and they still arent tired of me hanging out there for a bit everyday for the last week haha.

Hey WILL the bow modules slipping was a design flaw and it is covered under warranty. My vendetta xs did the same thing and my cams were changed free of charge. That's why the 2011 bows have a posilock system

Just got in some shooting with the new Dreamseason. for the last few hours with mikeboehm and his new omen. This EVO is the most comfortable i have ever shot. With the new evolution riser its a bit heavier but i think its worth it. All the vibrations are gone. The thing slowly drops away from my hand as if it was a overdamped target bow. And i just have the cheapest PSE stabalizer on there. It fits like a glove but better because it chucks carbon at near 300fps. Always dreamed of shooting a hoyt but no more.

Man, y'all better believe seanfalloy's bow is sweet. He's shooting great groups for a bow that he's had all of one day.
    Wish I could give it a shot but his arms are like twice as long as mine!

Plus I really need to save my money for guns and not buy any new bows

I just picked up the same bow but in the 70#, and it is unbelievable to say the least.

I am sure that it is as accurate as mine, so watch your fletching... I blew the fletching off 5 of my arrows from skimming the shaft when I was sighting it in...

Now I need to invest in a fletching jig!!

Congrats

Dutchie