Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Mystery Ranch NICE

Re: Mystery Ranch NICE

That pack will be great for the one time you will use it to pack water jugs around the block

It's about time you get a pack like your son has!

Quote Originally Posted by Gus View Post
    That pack will be great for the one time you will use it to pack water jugs around the block
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

I use the lid pack in conjunction with the load hauler.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by todbartell View Post
    Trying to keep up with all the cool guys on HBC, I ordered myself a NICE frame w/ 6500 bag and a Load Sling. Couple RipZip pockets, a water bottle holder and a Flip top box.
    Why a load sling???? water bottle holder, and whats a flip top box???

Quote Originally Posted by kennyj View Post
    I'm wondering how this pack is for hunting once you've unloaded all your camping gear?
    kenny
    Ive got the 7500 nice, I used it as a day pack nearly everyday last year, with no issues. It compacts nice and small!
    I loose the lid all together for day pack use!

Quote Originally Posted by pushbush View Post
    Is there a system built into the pack to carry your rifle , or how do you carry your rifle on this pack.
    Kifaru gun bearer is awesome once ya get used to it!

Very comfortable pack, it can probably hold and haul more than you can!
    Hunt to live-live to hunt!

Quote Originally Posted by bigwhiteys View Post
    I cut the backpack straps off my daypack lid and it lightened the pack up by about 3.5 oz

Carl
    I'd been thinking about doing that for next season

Quote Originally Posted by Devilbear View Post
    The new "Ripzips" are better, an indication of the continual search to improve his products so typical of Dana and I find the "Daypack Lid" to be indispensable on all my MR packs, this is where my firstaid and emerg. gear plus my hygiene gear ride and it is perfect for this and straps tightly to the empty bag below, once correctly adjusted.

I don't use my sidepockets for shorter trips, add them for longer ones and keep them inside a back pocket when I might want to add them and this works fine for me, I have them on my two NICE full rigs, my BDSB, my Deluxe, and have a spare Ripzip on my Crewcab as I like to keep stuff in the same place on all of my packs and thus always can grab a firstaid kit if I need it quickly.
    I should say that I think the daypack lid is good, just not as a daypack. By itself it doesn't have space for a days worth of gear in the mountains (rain gear, food, spotter, first aid, survival gear, etc..) and for myself all that would wind up happening is I'd drop some animal half a days walk from spike camp and have to walk all the way back for a pack. I can get it strapped tightly to the empty pack just not on top of it, I guess that doesn't really matter.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwhiteys View Post
    I cut the backpack straps off my daypack lid and it lightened the pack up by about 3.5 oz

Carl

Mine are going to get the cut too, no way i'll be just taking that stacked fanny pac with me anywhere, and leaving the nice frame

I added a water bottle holder to mine last year and I love it. It's not essential, but it is sure nice to have and it weighs next to nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by TSW View Post
    I added a water bottle holder to mine last year and I love it. It's not essential, but it is sure nice to have and it weighs next to nothing.
    What about the water bottle holder on either side of the pack?