Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Mystery Ranch NICE

Re: Mystery Ranch NICE

Got my Nice 7500 a few days ago, really like it..

Takes a long time to get all adjusted, and if you dont have it adjusted right, it doesnt ride worth a sh*t

I am tall. so once I got the yoke lengthened up, the pack stopped pulling back on me so hard, and I only have to lean into it a little bit with a 60+lb pack,

I got it in the foliage color, I like it

Devilbear Guest

That, IIRC, is what I told you to do when you PMed me, however, that is a VERY important point and good on ya for bringing it up. ALL packs o this type take some time to "break in" and sometimes you need to exchange a suspension part or adjust it again, after it molds to your body type. So, is you get one, take the time to load and adjust it until it feels good and this can take awhile, be patient and call MR for help if unsure.

I am on the waitlist for one of the new KUIU Icon CF frames and pack. I had the MR with load sling and crewcab. It was okay but didn't all work together as well as I had hoped. I expect I'll end up taking a small modified day pack with lots of pockets along as well because I don't want to carry the big bag everywhere.
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

Quote Originally Posted by kennyj View Post
    I'm wondering how this pack is for hunting once you've unloaded all your camping gear?
    kenny
    Hey Kenny, I know the Kodiak (internal frame) I've used since last year does me well as a larger daypack. Had no issues in terms of packing whatever I needed including my rifle in the side pocket and two side straps to secure it.
    After the initial fitting and adjusting, I'm impressed with the Kodiak.
    In terms of day pack use, I have now got a 3-Day Assault pack for that purpose, rather than the Kodiak.
    "I am fascinated by the wild, rough country where sheep are found. I love the long-continued excitement of the stalk. I even enjoy the disappointments and the frustrations, those stalks that go astray when the sheep have moved, and the wind changes". - JOC

Quote Originally Posted by whitetailsheds View Post
    Hey Kenny, I know the Kodiak (internal frame) I've used since last year does me well as a larger daypack. Had no issues in terms of packing whatever I needed including my rifle in the side pocket and two side straps to secure it.
    After the initial fitting and adjusting, I'm impressed with the Kodiak.
    In terms of day pack use, I have now got a 3-Day Assault pack for that purpose, rather than the Kodiak.
    Thanks for the info Grant.
    kenny
    I love it when the seasons change.
    Fishing to Hunting.

I hear Bartell's got a Badlands OX for sale, $100, or trade for a pallet of Kraft Dinner!

TB, I have the Nice 6500 as well, you will love yours, it was easy to adjust to fit me. The 6500 was enough to pack out all my gear plus 1/2 of TSW's sheep last year and could have packed a whole sheep had we had a double header.
    Happily married man Feb 12, 2011 .

Quote Originally Posted by bigwhiteys View Post
    That's a good question... I find the outside pockets become useless once the bag is empty as you've got to strap everything down tight to prevent it from flopping around.... The spotter pocket for example. Once camp is setup most my gear goes into the main bag portion, and then I just strap the outside down tight. Small items can still go into the top two pockets as well.

When the bag is empty there are straps and buckles everywhere. They can all be rolled up and locked with their little velcro tabs but honestly it would take a guy 20 minutes to unravel it all each time you wanted into the pack... That's why I just cinch it down, tuck the straps in wherever and go.

Carl
    X2 what Carl said. I also think the rip zip pockets bartell ordered will be a better choice than the long pockets I've got which don't work at all well unless the pack is stuffed. With those off the pack though it works well for day hunting and really you want to have it along when you drop an animal. The daypack lid MR offers isn't much of a daypack for mountain hunting if you're considering that at all, it does ad some capacity to the total pack though which is nice but again doesn't work very well with the empty pack.

The daypack lid MR offers isn't much of a daypack for mountain hunting if you're considering that at all, it does ad some capacity to the total pack though which is nice but again doesn't work very well with the empty pack.
    I cut the backpack straps off my daypack lid and it lightened the pack up by about 3.5 oz

Carl
    Don't Go Ninja'n Nobody, Don't Need Ninja'n!

Devilbear Guest

The new "Ripzips" are better, an indication of the continual search to improve his products so typical of Dana and I find the "Daypack Lid" to be indispensable on all my MR packs, this is where my firstaid and emerg. gear plus my hygiene gear ride and it is perfect for this and straps tightly to the empty bag below, once correctly adjusted.

I don't use my sidepockets for shorter trips, add them for longer ones and keep them inside a back pocket when I might want to add them and this works fine for me, I have them on my two NICE full rigs, my BDSB, my Deluxe, and have a spare Ripzip on my Crewcab as I like to keep stuff in the same place on all of my packs and thus always can grab a firstaid kit if I need it quickly.