Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transporting decoys

Transporting decoys

I have used shell goose decoys in the past and were able to carry several dozen decoys into the field. I am getting some new Fullbodies for next season and am needing som way to transport them into the field which is usually a 500m walk. I didnt order any commercial decoy bags for them so i need some way of getting them into the field without making a bunch of trips. Any ideas on making homemade bags or any other ideas. I was thinking maybe a hockey bag that could fit around 8.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Transporting decoys

If you go with hockey bags, Buy a couple goalie bags, they are quite a bit bigger.

Bags of decoys stack up nicely on a pack-cart.
    Use Enough Dog !!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4316.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	39.6 KB 
ID:	3389 and www.customdecoybags.com hers are the best out there, order early!

If you look at the second picture on this link you'll my modified fridge cart that serves Lorne and Myself well. We have put 2 doz lesser full bodies, 2 layout blinds, 1 deke bag and 2 shotguns on it as a regular load. Travel distance was anywhere from 200m - 600m, only concern is if its really muddy larger wheels are a must.
    http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...ot-Oct-10-2010
    As for stowage, goalie bags are readily made. Purpose built bags are very nice

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Farmer View Post
    Yeah but your opinions wrong, so everyone here had to let you know that. Have a nice day.

go to dollar shop they sale some big strong bag very good to use for carry decoy

Go big or go home hahaha

If youve got the room I'd definitely make a cart of some sort. Ian's is a very neat and cool idea. Super portable and your back will be thanking you after making 4 trips in and out instead of only one.

Last edited by Crazy_Farmer; 04-14-2011 at 08:24 PM.
    1st Im in charge, and if not Matt is. Your job is to sign checks, tell us we're doing good and open your case of scotch after a good day. 2nd my fee. You can keep it, all I want in exchange for my service is the right to hunt all the drakes. A male. Buck only. Why and how are my business. If you don't like it, go alone. Set up right here or in a swamp or in the middle of a noshoot field for all I care. I've been on too many duck hunts with rich dentists to listen to any more suicidal ideas. Ok?

I have used my sasquatch pac cart for hauling decoys, works great, fits blinds decoys and birds all in 1 load. Some of the hunts we have done we have 20-40 goose and 10-20 duck decoys out, all in one trip with the cart
    I love animals
    They taste GREAT

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Farmer View Post
    Go big or go home hahaha

If youve got the room I'd definitely make a cart of some sort. Ian's is a very neat and cool idea. Super portable and your back will be thanking you after making 4 trips in and out instead of only one.

That's awesome!

What do you call it? "The Cabela's Shopping Cart?"
    Drinking rum before 10 a.m. does not mean you are an alcoholic, it means you are a pirate.

Actually lately its been called the ***** *** ******** hahahaha But I cant honestly think of too much in that picture that was bought at cabelas, maybe just some clothing. We had a tube blow out on one of the tires near the end of the season, at 5:30am its not the situation you want to deal with that early.

Its actually version 3.0 as it sits. First creation it was 6'x4'x4' and we welded nuts to the bottom that the bike tires just screwed into. Realized it was a bit too high so onto the next version during the offseason. Took atleast 6" out of the height and make an axle to go through the rims with pins. That axle system worked okay but still when 4dz decoys, 4 blinds, and 100lbs of geese ontop it'll start to bend the axles. So now the next version will be getting proper wheels and rims from Casterland with pressed in bearing. And Matt will weld a 3/4" axle and it'll handle all the weight needed.

This was first version, a bit higher and bike tires bolted on.

1st Im in charge, and if not Matt is. Your job is to sign checks, tell us we're doing good and open your case of scotch after a good day. 2nd my fee. You can keep it, all I want in exchange for my service is the right to hunt all the drakes. A male. Buck only. Why and how are my business. If you don't like it, go alone. Set up right here or in a swamp or in the middle of a noshoot field for all I care. I've been on too many duck hunts with rich dentists to listen to any more suicidal ideas. Ok?