Thread: Camping beds

Camping beds

We just received a new tent and the wife wants to replace the thermo rests with a camp bed, one that is compact and easy to store, yet will provide the comforts of home and keep us off the ground.

We used to have one of those Woods inflatable beds from CT, but it lasted a couple trips and one morning we woke up on the ground.....

Have those inflatable beds improved??
    Are there other models out there that are good??
    What are others using to get a good night sleep while out on family camping trips? and no we will not be buying a travel trailer to get the comforts....

any help would be great

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Camping beds

Coyote was just telling me he made a bed frame that sets up in a couple minutes and uses a couple pieces of plywood (that doubles as a shelf in the bed of his truck) and a slab of 4" high quality foam! Waiting on the design... might do this myself but the foam would take up lots of space me thinks
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

We have had an aero brand air bed for close to ten years. It has held up well and never had any problems with it at all. We have used it camping and as a spare bed when extra people are over. I even slept on it for 2 years straight while I was working in Alberta. The thing is tough! Well worth the money!
    Quote Originally Posted by huntcoop View Post
    Considering what information is actually required on the card, yup, you're an idiot if ya make an error.

Devilbear Guest

I have a LuxuryLite cot from a small maker in Texas and, it is a really neat and very comfy rig. I really got it for my wife, but, she is too crippled now by spinal arthritis and other neurological issues to come camping with me, so, it just sits in my gear room. These are NOT "cheap", but, they are the lightest rig I know of and take no space in your pack. Google them and perhaps they might suit your needs.

wow those look awsome!
    ~Wes

hmmm I have the camp cots from cabelas works awesome folds , storage shelf along side of bed..room under the cot for storage..holds my weight ..very sturdy...

Steven

Quote Originally Posted by Devilbear View Post
    I have a LuxuryLite cot from a small maker in Texas and, it is a really neat and very comfy rig. I really got it for my wife, but, she is too crippled now by spinal arthritis and other neurological issues to come camping with me, so, it just sits in my gear room. These are NOT "cheap", but, they are the lightest rig I know of and take no space in your pack. Google them and perhaps they might suit your needs.
    Agreed, Luxurylite are super compact, light and very comfortable. Here's the link.

http://www.luxurylite.com/cotindex.html

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Quote Originally Posted by The Hermit View Post
    Coyote was just telling me he made a bed frame that sets up in a couple minutes and uses a couple pieces of plywood (that doubles as a shelf in the bed of his truck) and a slab of 4" high quality foam! Waiting on the design... might do this myself but the foam would take up lots of space me thinks
    X2, Ive been doing this for years, by far the most comfy way to camp, shy of a bed mattress!
    Hunt to live-live to hunt!

Found this online, I thought it was a pretty simple setup. Use the pails for storage or water. Plywood lays flat in the bed of the truck when your not using it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PA284933.JPG 
Views:	65 
Size:	16.5 KB 
ID:	3427

Quote Originally Posted by The Hermit View Post
    We used beds/bunks set up with plywood and 4" foamies for years. Recently we switched to cots identical to the Cabelas Outfitter XL with the foamies thrown on top. Super comfortable sleeping, they are fantastic. The old plywood bed frames were getting hard on the hips,( maybe better with a high quality memory foam or similar??) . And yes Bill, the foamies are a little bulky, but worth it IMHO