Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hip or shoulder quiver?

hip or shoulder quiver?

Hello everyone, I have a worn out kwikee bow mounted quiver that I wish to replace. I group considerably better without a mounted quiver and am asking for advice on an alternative system. Anyone with experience with good hip or shoulder quivers that work under hunting conditions, hiking in bush, stalking, arrow and hunter protection? I quess my main concern is the quiver being in the way when moving around and fletching being damaged rubbing on everything as well as being noisy. Thanks for everyones help!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: hip or shoulder quiver?

look at a chuck adams quiver, just google it
    Even the worst day of hunting will always be better than a day at home

I would like to know of a good hip quiver also for hunting and target shooting

This was a bow quiver that I converted to a hip quiver over thirty years ago !

REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab on --

Group Memberships.

Traditional Bowhunters of BC
    Abbotsford Fish and Game Club
    BCWF
    United Bowhunters of BC

Heres another view a little wear and tear over the years ! worked out well for me .

REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab on --

Group Memberships.

Traditional Bowhunters of BC
    Abbotsford Fish and Game Club
    BCWF
    United Bowhunters of BC

I have a nice hip quiver that holds the arrows tightly so they dont rattle around (like the tube ones do) while i walk. I find it is quite manuverable and quiet. my buddy uses a back quiver but his arrows are much shorter and dont stick up much higher than his head where as mine would.

I've been using hip quiver for years, first one I converted like Greybark. I now use one that seems to be fairly common in the bow shops. I forget who makes it. I know Kevin a Kootenay Archery has them. Two of my buddies have had the Chuck Adam's hip quiver for many years also and they are still going strong, but I'm not sure you can buy a new one anymore. Never see them in the shops or on Cabela's.

Check out the Game Plan Gear: Spot N Stalk bag. I've used mine for 2 years and it's amazing. Tailored for the hiking bowhunter, it's great. I've yet to find a better product.
    http://www.gameplangear.com/featured...potnstalk.html

Bow Walker Guest

I tried hip quivers for about 2 hikes. They held the arrows quite well but...the fletched ends stuck up and got in the way when trying to make my way quietly through bush. They also waved around way too much when I was walking.

I went back to the bow-mounted type of quivers and just made sure to pay attention to the sight level before touching off a shot. You very soon get used to checking the level - it's now a part of my shot routine and is entirely an unconcious habit.

Whonnock for 19 years, Mission for 46 years

x2! I suppose it depends on the type of terrain you're hunting, but I only "spot & stalk" and have tried a hip quiver with the same disappointments as "BowWalker", especially during the final critical stalk. I still have one in my shop somewhere, but don't use it even when at a range, preferring to shoot with a 2-piece mounted quiver all the time so that I'm familiar with it as a part of my bow.