Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: South Africa 2012

Re: South Africa 2012

Quote Originally Posted by BCRiverBoater View Post
    You bet J. I should have 100's if not 1000's of pictures between the four of us. Also should have several hours of video. We hope to get most of the hunts on video.
    getting it all on videos will be awsome,pray those video gods are on your side,lol.
    i look forward to seeing a few of them
    bhb
    i didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a friggin vegatarian

Yes. Getting good quality video with the proper footage is way easier said then done. I am guessing with 4 shooters that we will have enough opportunity to capture a few good videos.

so no whisky's this year at the fund raiser?? Good luck man, I hope you have a wicked trip!! when you get you should have a picture beer night at your neighbors nice big shop.
    "Our comfort zones can be our greatest enemy to our potential"

Hey guys have a good trip! May have to get into the whiskey on Saturday night myself!
    Resident hunter and proud of it!

Yes it sucks I am going to miss out Saturday night. I am sending the wife though so I can win another raffle. The spotting scope last year was a big win.

Well I made it back Monday night after another two days in airplanes and airports. That is one grueling flight when you talk about South Africa. I am still going through pictures and sorting things out. I took roughly 1000 pictures alone plus what the other 3 guys took. It will take some time to get all of our pictures together and sorted out. I will hopefully put together a few stories and pictures for my personal adventure. I will leave any other photos or animals to be told by the others if they feel like adding in.

I personally took 9 animals. I went down thinking I would take 9 animals if all went well. I only added one animal that was not on my list and also came home without one. I took a gemsbuck, zebra, , blesbuck, impala, blue wildebeest, black wildebeest, springbuck, diuker and red hartebeest. Unfortunately I hit, dropped and lost a great kudu. It was the only one I had a chance at the whole trip. One a tough animal to find, spot and then get a shot at. Truly a magnificent animal that knows how to remain hidden. We only got one between all of us this trip. They are still going to spend some time looking for mine and will send the horns to the taxidermist if they luck out and find it but I am not expecting to see it ever again. To make things worse it was the largest one we saw the whole trip. I will give a better update when I write and post more details. Other than this it was an awesome trip and a ton of fun. Would recommend it to anyone. I must do if the chance ever comes up for anyone.

I hope to have something together in the next 3-4 days. Stay tuned!!!

Glad to see you made it back in one piece! To bad about loosing your Kudu, I hope they find it, should not be too hard once the jackals get him! I can't wait for the pictures ect!

Good to hear from you !- glad you made there and back all ok and had a awesome trip by the sounds of it ! The shits to lose that Kudu - all you can do is hope it turns up ! Want to see pics real bad - hurry up - OK ! Cheers RJ

Can't wait for the pictures. Glad you're back in one piece.....13 July for me
    doesnt matter what kind of bullet it is, as long as it weighs 180 grains its DEADLY, even on ass shots....Todbartell-2009

I have been busy with work since I have been home. I have only had time to go over my 9 animal pictures that I have. Not even sure if they are the best ones of the all the photos we took but it is the only ones I have so far. I have somewhat resized them to work on this site or at least I think I have. I am slowly working on a bit of a write up but I am having a hard time finding the time. You may end up getting mostly pictures at this point with a very limited write up. I did write about 20 pages of notes throughout the trip but it would take a long time to copy all the notes into this story. Please bare with me.