Thread: PSE Brute

PSE Brute

Was just wondering if anybody had one, what they thought etc. I'll be new to bow hunting or bows in general. Would this be a good starter bow? I'm looking for a bow that I won't have to break the bank or upgrade next year. Any other bows in this price range I should consider? Any info is great. Thanks.
    Everybody has the right to be stupid once in awhile, but some people in this world are abusing the privilege.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: PSE Brute

iv actualy got one forsale. i bought it new about a year and a half ago and shot it for 3 months. loved it! shoots pretty quick and nice and straight. i stopped using it because i got a great deal on a bowtech tribute that was a custom build so the pse has been sitting on my desk since. send me a private message if your interested or if u have any other questions about it.

the Brute is great bow for its price .... do you need to upgrade ... no ... the question is do you want to?

alot of guys I know that have had them did not like the rubber grip and tore it off in favor of a wooden or sideplates ....

the Brute is a mainline bow ..

would I shoot one? .... No because me and PSE do not see grip to hand ... sort -to-speak ...

Pick one up[ and shoot it ... you might like it ... you might hate it ... in which case there is about 30 other models out there for the same price and specs ...
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

Like i said before you will be happy with it for a little while but you will out grow it in a hurry. After talking with alex he figures that if your going to go for the mainline bows get the stinger Its less money and a more forgiving bow (he shot it for a year) but if you have a bit of extra cash go for the Bow madness. I think you will be much happier for longer with that bow.
    Its a little less forgiving but ill teach you how to shoot it this summer

Hey Sledforever I just bought a PSE Brute this year. I got it field ready, at 60lbs and I love it. It's my first bow and finally got it set. It's a very forgiving bow.For me it light enough to shoot and has the power and speed for hunting. I haven't done any upgrades yet but might down the road get non stretch strings and maybe a new sight later. I would say you would be happy with it but like Mikey said you gotta pick it up and try it before you buy.

i had a 2010 pse brute and it lasted 1 month before i traded it in for a pse omen. i loved the brute but i wanted a faster bow. the brute is a way better bow for the price compared to the stinger. the brute has the same style of grip as there pro series bows. the SLIM grip. me personally hates the fat grip on the stinger. the bow madness is a way better bow but the brute you will love

Quote Originally Posted by mikeboehm View Post
    the bow madness is a way better bow but the brute you will love
    I know that would be true. I was just thinking as a starter bow, I'm not sure if I will enjoy the sport and for that reason don't really want to spend that much more on the bow madness. If I really feel the need I could sell the brute and upgrade somewhere down the road.
    Everybody has the right to be stupid once in awhile, but some people in this world are abusing the privilege.

Before you buy I would look at the Bow Madness XS it has a 8 inch brace hieght. this is my second bow and very happy with it.....have the Brute hp now and do love it.
    member of the Kingfisher rod and gun club.