5 17.24%
  • Phoenix

1 3.45%
  • Vixen II

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Which Excalibur do you use?

Which Excalibur do you use?

Sorry for any other brand users out there, but I was just curious as to which model of Excalibur crossbow people are using, or what is the most preferred? A local shop was showing off their Excaliburs as well as other brands too, but....I think it may have relit my interest for them. I used to have one, a Horton, and I liked it, but due to a very long story, got rid of it.

Thanks for any input on the poll.

It would be for anything from deer, elk, moose, caribou, etc.
    Last edited by .303; 04-04-2011 at 09:36 PM.
    "Know your Land, Know Your Prey" - Mantracker

"I still don’t know why I fish or why other men fish, except that we like it and it makes us think and feel."Roderick Haig-Brown

www.nrgcbc.ca

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Which Excalibur do you use?

I don't own one, but I'd go Exomax. For the small increase in price, you get more performance and its the same size bow. Full camo riser too
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

they got a pse tac 15 in at hardcore in kelowna and it flings arrows out at 400 fps shoots a loop and whisker biscuit mean lookin crossbow
    i'd rather my sister was a hooker than shoot a mathews

got the old man an exomax 4 years ago never shot one before he is now 4years = 6 deer dead every one on one shot not bad for a 73 year old, triple bullseye first time testing it out with scope the 3 bolts were half an inch from each other at 40yrds he was hooked.great buy for sure.

Excalibur says that every one of their hunting bows can take down any big game animal in North America. The higher poundage bows are harder on sting life and on your body when cocking, even with the aid. In the end I went into the middle and got the Exocet 200

I shoot the Phoenix for a few years now and have no complains. I don't think deer, elk and other critters care what model you use, they are all capable of killing any game animal in BC or North America.
    "Wouldn’t it be wise for us to be more tolerant of each other and pick our battles with the ones that really threaten our way of life?"

I agree with mountaintop, just got me an Exocet 200. Pleasure to shoot and easy to cock.