Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Irish Setter Boots.

Irish Setter Boots.

I'm looking at a pair of Irish setter Elk tracker boots with 600 grams of thinsulate. What sort of temperature range do you think this would be comfortable in. I'm looking for something for moose in october and deer in november. No peace country deer hunts or bison hunts in the near future.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Irish Setter Boots.

I have a pair of irish setters with 800 grams and never have had cold or wet feet.Have been out in the snow , rain, sleet, walked thru creeks, and probably temps down to minus 15.
    I'm just here to provide moral support......Hey nice (insert animal here)congrats.

In memory of you dad..."you always leave a campsite cleaner then when you found it"

There's only one thing in life that constitutes insanity..... continuing to do the same thing you have been doing but expecting different results.

I think mine have 1000 grams and they work well in cold temps. Great boots.
    "Everything comes to him who hustles while he waits"
    Thomas A. Edison

"Sometimes ya gotta let your dog find you"

I've had a pair of the 1000 gram for 5 yrs. great investment. walked around in a creek all day and feet were nice and dry and warm (the only part of me that was dry)

Thumbs up Re: Irish Setter Boots.

I've got a pair of Elk Tracker boots by I.S. 1000gr ins. best boots I have had so far.

I have the 600's used up in the barrier area late october lows of -12 or so and the feet were very warm.

Happy hunting
    Some people call them hunting hounds, I call them cross country sight seeing guides

I've got the same boots as Phil; 1000 grams. They've been through everything you could encounter while hunting and have never failed. I'd definately buy them again.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

I don't have an attitude problem; you must have a perception problem.

Glad this thread came up. My elk stalkers are 1000grms, They are new,I have had them for back ups for my rockies. If you wear the bottoms out like i did then it is good to get some backup boots. You can also get your boots resoled for around $40.00
    Last edited by ruger#1; 02-05-2011 at 07:40 PM.

I have the 600 grams and if you buy proper moisture wicking sock as i did you will never have to worry about temperature. I have been in everything from plus 20 hiking Robson to late season elk at minus 22 with about a 30 km wind and it wasn't my feet that needed heating up.
    It is easier to get forgivness than it is permission.

It has been pointed out to us that the proper number to consider in the event of violent aggression is "911"- if you are of the rabbit people. Others will do better to place their faith in the number "1911".

I love my Irish Setters (800g), and I have hard to please feet. In fact I can honestly say they are the most comfortable footwear I own, with the exception of some old ass leather walking sandals, and that includes my $600 pair of custom made work boots (haven't seen a boot with a metal shank yet, custom or not that doesn't suck though). Only thing with mine, is you must treat them 2x a year or so (I use them a lot) for them to remain fully waterproof.

Buy some, I doubt you will be disappointed.
    Ask me no questions and I will tell you no lies.
    Support www.residentpriority.ca

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckShooter View Post
    Lowering the corporate tax rates is a good thing, it gives corporations more profits so they can afford to give employees raises and other perks. OR if the company is on the brink of financial disaser it can help to keep those jobs for a while longer.