Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: ..... NEW Hunting BOOTS......

Re: ..... NEW Hunting BOOTS......

Pickup a pair of Irish Setters.. Elk Trackers are F****N nice.

Thanks to all for posting your thoughts on boots, couple new brands I havent heard of, so thanks.
    Still trying on boots and hope to have a new pair of foot armour soon! Just need to make the right buy when spending 4 hundo on a pair of boots, you have all helped greatly! Best of luck and
    Happy hunting

Trapper D Guest

Danners to me are the best, the style that have the stitched down , that can be resoled, as this is a free service with danners

ASOLO hikers best boot I've ever owned!! Pricey but worth every penny.
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

Meidle canada boots all the way, usually get 4-5 years and thats with sheep hunting as well, you won't be disappointed!

I have been happy with my Lowas. I have the non-goretex Baffin Pro as I'm not a fan of a W/B membrane in boots but ymmv. Purchased through Bakers in Oregon and as BCRams said, no extra charges, good prices, and excellent to deal with.
    "The problem with internet quotes is it is very hard to determine their authenticity." --Abraham Lincoln

I bought a pair of Mendel -Canada pros from AJ Brooks and one of the guys I hunt with got a pair from cabelas in the us they are definitely not made the same. After one trip up north chasing elk for ten days his boots started to show a lot more signs wear than the ones from AJ Brooks. The boots from Cabelas have foam exposed to the elements just like the photo shown by 338 winmag, seems like a weak spot for sure. I have a lot of miles on mine now and still comfortable and water proof to the point I can cross a creek with water up near the top of the boots and my feet stay dry.

I bought a pair of Irish setters from the red wing store two years in the row and the boots fell apart ,I believe the boots were elk trackers. The elk trackers were very comfortable but didn't hold for me. Thats when I decided to get a pair of canada pros, very good boots in my opinion for what it is worth!

Has anybody tryed zamberlan or scarpa boots ?

My last set of hiking boots were Zamberlan, they lasted me almost 10yrs. Despite the two-three years off due injuries. Just replaced them last week end with the La Sportiva - cascade gtx. Loved my Zamberlan but these new La Sportiva offer great support and are amaziling comforatable. Despite the ugly looks the sole is quite soft and offers a cushy and quiet approach. I cant wait to put some miles on them. And as a spring and early fall season boot I so far see them to not only be affordable at mec for 190 big ones, they have so far exceed my expectations.
    As for my main hunting boot I am looking at Kenetrek, Lowe Hunter gtx, and the Hanwag Trapper gtx. Hope this helps, Good Luck!