Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ..... NEW Hunting BOOTS......

Re: ..... NEW Hunting BOOTS......

I have the Lowa GTX hunter in wide and love them. They will be my mountain boot. I also have the danner Canadians in wide and love them too. They are more of a flat land boot. Both have around 600 grams of insulation. If I had to choose one I would go with the Lowas. Not cheap though at $400 with happy feet insoles.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    Unions and beacon is what I fry the liver in with a coating of flower on the liver ,,I eat the tong,,the hart,, its very good eating......

I bought scarpa sl m3's, I find them to be very good in the mountains and down low I use them with a pair of gators. The gators help with crossing water just below the knees but you can't stand in the water too long or it will soak through where they overlap the boots. The scarpas are tougher to break in but a good pair of boots always is.
    Barnes ttsx, the four pedals of death that lead to great a great BBQ.

don't be scared of off meindl's I have used the canada pro's for years and have nothing but good to say about them, I believe there were some issues when they switched leather but they have gone back to the old leather.....I would check out kentreks if you are stuck on not going to meindl's ..DD

I'm on my 3rd pair of the Meindl Canada boot, seems each version is cheaper then the last. Cabelas has no problem replacing them but sucks to walk off a mountain like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Craddosk View Post
    Track and Trail in Edmonton also sells them. When I was there a year ago, they had the Yukon, Alaska, and Trapper GTX. Great boots, all of them.
    x 2 - I've owned / used all pairs you listed. I was out with a fellow all day today and he picks up his Hanwags from the Edmonton store. Worth looking into for a better deal price wise when looking at the border costs from shipping via Lathrop.

Bakers Boots has been awsome for the Lowa's I've ordered with none of those costs involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Deaddog View Post
    , I believe there were some issues when they switched leather but they have gone back to the old leather.....
    You don't say eh? You're the 2nd person who has mentioned this in the last month. I was told vehemently by the owner they hadn't changed the leather as long as those boots were in production (at the time of issues). Guess he was trying to save face when getting called out on those boots with the pair I received at the time as well as from others. Even photo's of an older pair of Canada Pro's from a buddy vs the pair I used on the same hunt highlighted the dismal differences.

In any case, they've lost me as a customer for the huge headaches they gave me when dealing with them.
    Last edited by BCrams; 04-03-2011 at 07:22 PM.

If you can wait, Lathrop and Sons will have their Hanwags Trapper Elites out in May or June for 400 bux, that's the route I'm going.
    I have a brand new pair of the Hanwag Trapper Elites... They have been available for a while but are only imported in limited size runs so when they sell out they don't have more for a while.

There seem to be only subtle differences between these Elites and my old Trapper Tops.

Carl
    Don't Go Ninja'n Nobody, Don't Need Ninja'n!

Good to know Carl, I've tried to order them twice with no luck, they told me to try again in June.

I have used Danners for year and had a few pairs. The last pair I had The toe cap broke after half a year. I sent them back and they sent me new ones. After only a short time with them the heal cup startedto cut me and pulled away from the boot, I once again sent them back and now have a brand new pair and have yet to see if they give me any issues

I own a pair of kenetrek mountain extremes....they are full grain leather, rock solid boot, awesome support.

I think it is just my feet, but for some reason the front balls of my feet get sore after hiking in them for a few hrs tho, usually after coming down a mtn.

Very well made boot for sure tho

I am wearing Hanwags and they are bay far the best mountain boots I have ever put my feet in to.

I work on a concrete floor, and I am walking all day. I was just telling my dad that I do not get tired feet when I am wearing these boots but others I do. I worked about 60 hours last week walking all way long wearing these every day.. it was my arms and back that were sore but my feet were great every day.

I think that there is one place in Canada that sells them and they are around the $450 mark IIRC.

Anything that is good on rocks or has a "Vibram" sole will be horrible in the snow... you really do need 2 pairs of boots.

Dutchie