Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ..... NEW Hunting BOOTS......

Re: ..... NEW Hunting BOOTS......

Canadian Meindl from Cabelas. Have had a pair for 11 years. A buddy of mine had a pair of Canada pro Meindl and had nothing but problems with them. Don't know if it makes any difference or not but they are slightly different boots. He bought a pair of Kenetrek boots and really liked them. My Meindls started to leak on me half way through last hunting season so I bought a pair of uninsulated Kenetrek boots. Big mistake they leaked the first time I wore them and gave me quarter size blisters inside toonie size blisters; Brutal. They would not give me my money back, all they would do is exchange them so I got a pair that was insulated and they are alot better, comfortable and water proof. So to summerize I think you kind of throw a dart at a board with different boots on it and hope for the best.

PS
    I have heard from a couple of other people that they love their Hanwag boots.

I bought a pair of Danner Canadians a few weeks back. So far, very happy with them
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Check out Hanwags. They can be hard to find, but they have a fantastic set of boots. I'm running the Yukons right now, and they are an amazing, traditional, leather style hiking boot.

I think it's very important that the boot fits YOUR foot properly. You will hate a great boot if it does not fit you right. I chew through boots pretty quickly. I liked the Danners aswell but I roll my feet abit and the heels break down with the softer leather. It took 4 years though.
    I'm trying out some Viberg hunters now. They have a reinforced rubberized heal and toe for increased support. So far they work great 1 season in.

Lots of good boots out there just make sure they fit!

Quote Originally Posted by pse&remington View Post
    danner canadians seem to look similar to the irish setter elk tracker but twice the price, maybe a better leather?

Iam looking for a pair of boots that would suit elk, moose, and bear hunting havent yet been hunting for sheep or goat but am looking forward to doing so in the near future.
    The Irish Setters are Chinese made I believe, while the higher end Danners are made in the States (Oregon I think). The less costly Danners are also Chinese made. I know in a mountain boot I love the Kenetrek Mountain Extreme (excellent boot) but I'm also looking for more of a flatland boot for myself, I'm pretty much sold on a set of White's.

If you're going with the Meindl Canada boot, buy them from Cabelas so when the sole comes apart they will send you a new pair. If you can wait, Lathrop and Sons will have their Hanwags Trapper Elites out in May or June for 400 bux, that's the route I'm going.

Quote Originally Posted by 338 winmag View Post
    If you're going with the Meindl Canada boot, buy them from Cabelas so when the sole comes apart they will send you a new pair. If you can wait, Lathrop and Sons will have their Hanwags Trapper Elites out in May or June for 400 bux, that's the route I'm going.
    Track and Trail in Edmonton also sells them. When I was there a year ago, they had the Yukon, Alaska, and Trapper GTX. Great boots, all of them.

Well I can't comment, as all the makers mentioned it seems, don't make an extra wide. The only boot that gave me any joy to wear was the "Prospector" that was once made in Quebec, and it wasn't even a highend or top notch boot. Chinese boots suck imo.
    They'll never end hunting...may make it illegal, but they'll never really kill that way of life!

i use scarpas for sheep hunting a buddy of mine had medells but is switching to either kenetrex or scarpa

Quote Originally Posted by 338 winmag View Post
    They told me those boots were coming last summer when I was looking for boots. I put in an order for a set of Trappers in the winter but they had none left in my size and told me the new ones would be there for summer. I wound up buying Kenetreks (which have been great). I'm just saying don't wait too long if you need them for next season. I'm sure they'd be a great boot though.