Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ..... NEW Hunting BOOTS......

..... NEW Hunting BOOTS......

Just doing some research and found that there are some unhappy hunters out there.

I am in the market for some new boots and was looking at the meindel canada boots, but... some of you have had a bad experience with the company and as well the construction of the boots so....

Anyone out there have some advice on a solid constructed, waterproof boot?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: ..... NEW Hunting BOOTS......

What kind of hunting are you going to be using them for???

If your looking for a stiff backpacking sheep/goat hunting boot, the Scarpa Liskamm GTX or Lowa Hunter GTX Extreme would be a good choice.

If your just looking for a general waterproof deer hunting boot, then the Danner Canadians are a good option.
    Quote Originally Posted by huntcoop View Post
    Considering what information is actually required on the card, yup, you're an idiot if ya make an error.

Bought some Lowa Hunter GTX Extremes last year and I love them. Very waterproof and lightweight. Reasonably priced out of a place called Baker's boots in Oregon.

danner canadians seem to look similar to the irish setter elk tracker but twice the price, maybe a better leather?

Iam looking for a pair of boots that would suit elk, moose, and bear hunting havent yet been hunting for sheep or goat but am looking forward to doing so in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by pse&remington View Post
    danner canadians seem to look similar to the irish setter elk tracker but twice the price, maybe a better leather?

Iam looking for a pair of boots that would suit elk, moose, and bear hunting havent yet been hunting for sheep or goat but am looking forward to doing so in the near future.

I can't comment on Irish Setter boots, as I have never used them. I have used Danner Canadian boots. They are very well made, keep your feet very dry, have great support, and the bob sole actually works very well, even in the snow. The leather is a little soft for sheep/goat hunting, and would be all cut up in the rocks. Danner also has great customer service. They replaced a pair of boots for me for free, 3 years after having them.
    Quote Originally Posted by huntcoop View Post
    Considering what information is actually required on the card, yup, you're an idiot if ya make an error.

wow that is awesome, thanks slee!

Bought a pair of Meindel 'alaskan hunters' 2 and a half years ago and have been thrilled with them. They fit my feet well and have been extremely durable. I have packed 2 elk and 1 goat from a very narley cliff face that had loose shale most of the way down. The extra rubber around the sole protected the boot very well. I also use them on the off season for hiking and fishing. If they keep holding up they way they are i should easily get another 2 plus years out of them before i think about looking for another pair. Very comfortable, and not too heavy. Not bad for just under 300 dollars. They have my endorsement.
    Kill Em And Grill Em

Bow Walker Guest

You know the boots that I've been wearing for the past 6 years? They fit your criteria, being waterproof, sturdy, comfortable and above all, long lasting.

They are called Hi Tec Rainier Event, I get them at Mark's. Lots of support, very sturdy in construction and they have a good Vibram sole. They go for around $200.00

I used Danner boots for both work and hunting. I do landscaping so I'm on my feet all day on trimmers blowers and lawn mowers I usually will walk a boot out in six months Danner has lasted me over a year so far. And for hunting I don't expect to need new boots for a long time.

Schnees Hunter Boots.
    kenny
    I love it when the seasons change.
    Fishing to Hunting.