Quote Originally Posted by littleheelers View Post
Bad dog owners? Unless one is accusing another of neglect, most of the problems with dogs and their owners are mismatch in personality. I never got why harsh people get soft breeds, and gentle people get hardheaded dogs; or why clingy people get independent thinkers and distinct folks obtain attention-seekers, then complain about it.

On the contrary, it's breed-dependent. It's well-documented Nordic spitzes and East Asian spitzes don't respond well to corrections or Westernized regimented training. Coddling them like a child results in a dog that never listen; however they respond well once things are put int context. This is what I meant by "dingo-like."

Ever notice people who own working collies and golden retrievers train their dogs differently from those who own.labs and Australian shepherds? It's not they do different jobs, but rather those dogs fit the personality and methods of the owners.

It's like a friend said: you command a lab, you negogiate with a chessie, and you ask a golden. Considering the temperaments of the three independent, yet similar, breeds, I have to agree with his assessment.

For me, I like dogs that I know I cannot be angry with, has an intelligence which forces me to be creative in my methodology, and read my body language. So "observer" fits.

Troll? Unless you want to call me a Finn (wannabe), then I am okay with that.
There's plenty of dog owners that would end up with completely useless dogs regardless of breed.

The problem with all pets, dogs and horses in particular, is the owners. Just like kids, there are plenty of people who should never own a pet.