Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My camera is finally paying itself off

My camera is finally paying itself off

Got a check from the United States Government for reporting a reward band, I found while out brant hunting. Too bad its actually worth a little less then 100 CAD but I wont complain, just makes my $1800 lense worth it.

Only bad thing is some hunter on here next year will probably shoot it and wont get the money now hahahaha. It was banded this past fall in Alaska.

1st Im in charge, and if not Matt is. Your job is to sign checks, tell us we're doing good and open your case of scotch after a good day. 2nd my fee. You can keep it, all I want in exchange for my service is the right to hunt all the drakes. A male. Buck only. Why and how are my business. If you don't like it, go alone. Set up right here or in a swamp or in the middle of a noshoot field for all I care. I've been on too many duck hunts with rich dentists to listen to any more suicidal ideas. Ok?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: My camera is finally paying itself off

Cool. Lets see the rest of the duck now.
    Quote Originally Posted by burger View Post
    Sorry Ozone you are correct

Sorry but I wasnt interested in the "whole" duck, just its legs.....just a plain ol' drake mallard.

I took a couple hundred shots of wigeon though. The photos are getting turned into full size silo's by a fellow in the states. I'll get a batch when they're done fairly soon to use next year. Pretty neat concept, get it right and and it looks like real birds on the ground, not painted or a decoy.
    1st Im in charge, and if not Matt is. Your job is to sign checks, tell us we're doing good and open your case of scotch after a good day. 2nd my fee. You can keep it, all I want in exchange for my service is the right to hunt all the drakes. A male. Buck only. Why and how are my business. If you don't like it, go alone. Set up right here or in a swamp or in the middle of a noshoot field for all I care. I've been on too many duck hunts with rich dentists to listen to any more suicidal ideas. Ok?

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Farmer View Post
    Got a check from the United States Government for reporting a reward band, I found while out brant hunting. Too bad its actually worth a little less then 100 CAD but I wont complain, just makes my $1800 lense worth it.

Only bad thing is some hunter on here next year will probably shoot it and wont get the money now hahahaha. It was banded this past fall in Alaska.

So you are bragging about screwing somebody else out of their reward band money??? Classy!

Yeah buddy. If I go through the trouble of finding one and having to take a ton of shoots walking in a 360 around it. I got no problem with that. They put a reward on so you report it, I reported it. There's a chance that duck will go through it's entire life without getting killed.

Stay classy Albertan.
    Last edited by Crazy_Farmer; 05-03-2011 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by forest walker View Post
    So you are bragging about screwing somebody else out of their reward band money??? Classy!
    Get real! how did he screw somebody?

It's not their reward money, it's his. He got the band number. Don't have to kill to report.

adam you are a *******!

I hate you and i am quitting waterfowling because of this.

THanks

Can I have your boat then?

Well Adam I am sorry about the way I came across. I should have put more thought into it. But I will say that I do not think this is the way the banding program is supposed to work. When you reported it did you tell them the duck was still alive? If not they assume it is dead and this will not give proper info to those getting stats on the banded birds. In the end will it really matter much? Probably not but it is a thought I have.
    Also if I were to kill a duck and find out someone else turned in the numbers I would be pissed.
    I will say that I think your picture is great. Thank you for posting. I feel you probably do deserve the money after doing something as hard as getting the numbers off a band like that. I am just glad you didn't pull a Jeff Foiles and kill the thing while feeding it bread crumbs in the local park.lol Thanks again for the pics.

Not a problem I can understand. But I did report it as alive. I have the piece of paper showing that. So this same mallard could go back year after year or go to another spot and somebody else can report it. The way I see banding is the same as collars. Sure collars can have multiple reports of the same bird. But that same bird could also be shot on its first trip south and only get one report.

This mallard I took a picture of was reported and in future could send in another one or even more possibly if its recaptured aswell. And if you look at the banded vs encounter % its like 6 million banded to 1 million recovered. So theres a 16% chance this same mallard will ever get reported again. I can live with that.