Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mikeys Elite Pure Review

Bow Walker Guest

Re: Mikeys Elite Pure Review

It looked like all those guys doing the reviews were using Whisker Biscuits as arrow rests. I think that the WB would steal some speed as well as a few pounds of KE? Not that it matters or is critical in a 70 lb bow - just saying.

If I was to bet a new bow I'd sure be looking hard at the Elite lineup.

Was looking at this spec sheet http://www.elitearchery.com/technolo...-10.7.2010.pdf and am I reading that right that you only loose 3 fps by dropping to a 60 lb bow. I know almost nothing about archery but looking to get into it, if that is the case why would you shoot a 70 lb bow.

Quote Originally Posted by 792 View Post
    Was looking at this spec sheet http://www.elitearchery.com/technolo...-10.7.2010.pdf and am I reading that right that you only loose 3 fps by dropping to a 60 lb bow. I know almost nothing about archery but looking to get into it, if that is the case why would you shoot a 70 lb bow.
    70 pounds bows are shot with a 350 grain arrow to get their ratings ...60 pound is shot with a 300 grain arrow to get its speed ratings

does that make sense?
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

YUP. Thanks

some pics cause BW asked .....
    my set up for 3d

HHA scope

Trophy Taker spring steel Blade rest with 339 grain Easton ACE (blade is .010" thick)

awesome limb grafics ... pics dont do it justice ... truely a work of art

a nice overview of the whole rig
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

Bow Walker Guest

thanks Mikey.....real nice lookin setup for sure. Don't feel the need for sidebars?

Quote Originally Posted by Bow Walker View Post
    Don't feel the need for sidebars?
    Jury is still out on it actually ... But I am leaning towards not so much ..... Once i am allowed into the long range ... should be soon actually I will check it out probally wednesday... i will get some distance under her .... but it holds level and steady as you see it in the pics so far in indoor conditions as well as my driveway
    A true Archery Nut