Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Crossbow hunting..

Re: Crossbow hunting..

Fast and deadly, I hunted 1 season with an excalibur a few years ago, took two deer, word of wisdom though, when practicing don't shoot more than one arrow at a target at a time or you\ll be buying lots of arrows(bolts)

"A rifle hunter's hunt is over at 200yrds, a bowhunter's hunt is just beginning at 200yrds."

"Train Hard, Hunt Easy."

"A bow hunter in a week will learn what a rifle hunter learns in a lifetime."- Fred Bear

ya good idea- about $10 a bolt so can add up!

Quote Originally Posted by ianwuzhere View Post
    Ive recently purchased an Excaliber crossbow off a member of hbc. Still waiting for the snow to melt to get out and practice..

-anyone use crossbows to hunt or have any pictures of animals harvested with crossbows??
    This deer was shot with an Excalibur bow last season at 30 sumthin' yards. Those crossbows are very accurate.

Bow Walker Guest

I've come back to this thread five different times today. I'm concerned with the picture - mostly the choice of shot placement that it shows. I'd appreciate the full story behind this kill before I comment. How did the shooter come to choose the aiming point that the arrow shows?

Thanks for your concern, it's been discussed in another thread...

Bow Walker Guest

Yeah, I remembered something about that, after I hit the 'reply' button. Sorry.

Bow Walker, Good eye on the photo and point well taken. This was my first deer ever and I had more than a bit of buck fever on the shot. As much as I practiced during the summer I was still so pumped up that I was probably lucky I hit him at all. The shot was a double lunger and nicked the heart. The little guy was really tender. The last bit of him was made into jerky last week.

Horton 175 is what i have , and no , no kills . be nice to get a early season elk tho , just hasnt happen yet . lol .. Stupid Elk !!
    " Never tell me the Odds "

Quote Originally Posted by Bowzone_Mikey View Post
    Marc ....the owner of this site.... Hammered a bear with his last spring ... he had some great pics ... the heart shot pic really sticks out in my mind ..with the hole in the heart ...

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?50847
    Yes Marc made a great shot on that bear with his Maximus Bone Splitter Crossbow!
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

2010 Crossbow kill he only went 20 feet before dropping
    Attachment 3408