Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Crossbow hunting..

Crossbow hunting..

Ive recently purchased an Excaliber crossbow off a member of hbc. Still waiting for the snow to melt to get out and practice..

-anyone use crossbows to hunt or have any pictures of animals harvested with crossbows??

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Crossbow hunting..

I have been succesfull the last 2 yrs both 4 point muleys at the end of the season.Its quite a rush much better than rifle hunting.I too purchased a new Excaliber Equinox with the right stuff package at the end of the season.I have not used it yet.I am giving up my old Tiatn 10 point to my boys to use.I will probably wait till may long weekend camping and then bring it along to site in with my 18 side target

Marc ....the owner of this site.... Hammered a bear with his last spring ... he had some great pics ... the heart shot pic really sticks out in my mind ..with the hole in the heart ...

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?50847
    Last edited by Bowzone_Mikey; 03-30-2011 at 05:26 PM.
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

wow- ya awesome heart shot in the pic hehe...
    looks like fun, i hear they are deadly accurate.
    its comin quick!

I bought an Excal Exocet 200 last year. I practiced all summer and did well my first season getting the bag limit in our MU. The Excals are great bows, fast and deadly accurate. They are also great fun to shoot. Though many will take longer shots on game if you keep your shots to 30 yards more or less you will not be disappointed. The photo was the first deer I got with the Excal last October.

I got my excal. exocet 200 last week, shooting good groups out to 50 yds. I have been using a tripod for support as scope moves around too much when taking lots of shots.I put a sling on mine as I will hunt with it but I do not like the bolt quiver that is attached to the bow. I took it of and find it much better to carry and shoot. I am looking for a belt quiver that will hold broadheads, have not found one yet. AFGC Chad Davis 3- D shoot is April 9-10 weekend, crossbows allowed. Anyone want to join me?

nice pic-looks like huge hole.
    ya the quiver sticks a lil low on mine-so the weight of the crossbow is kinda mostly on the quiver but id still rather have it that way then packing. I have not got a sling yet- i seen the camo excaliber ones i think ill pick up next week for bout $30.

Hole was made by a G5 Montec fixed blade at about 25 yards. If you don't get the instructional CD with your bow you can watch them on the Excalibur website at http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/con...ctional_videos

I will be going out for turkeys with my Excalibur.

Gobble cluck purr.
    if people of color do it, it's "affirmative action" "civil rights", etc, etc. If a bunch of white folks do it....its "racist" and "hate speech" quote Willyqbc

Bow Walker Guest

Betcha that little deer was very tasty on the dinner table.

One thing though...next time you might want to lower the point of impact to where the elbow is and where that little slash of white almost meets the ruffled hair of the hide.

Not complaining or trying to be "better-than-you".......just trying to point out where the heart is.

Either way - my lips are smacking. Good job.