Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bowhunting in town

Bowhunting in town

OK there are more deer in town then up the mountain I have looked through the regs an as far as i can tell as long as I'm nothing shooting a gun its ok? Im area 2-5. If I am way off please tell me

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Bowhunting in town

no info in game regs, check with the on line regs info, or call your Co clostest to you, and check with municipalitie laws, may be no hunting at all, check all before shooting,, we had a good bow hunting area shut down by muni, because people were crying because we were hunting the area, then with in two years these same people wanted us to hunt again because over run with deer, and muni said sorry you wanted it closed and it will stay closed,, so make sure you check with all before hunting,, good luck,,

Allen50 has it right, you need to check out the bylaws where you live.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Bow Walker Guest

Go to your municipal office and ask about "discharging weapons, or single projectiles within the city limits." I bet you'll not get permission to shoot. Besides, unless you're shooting on a vacant lot, there are all the landowners to consider. Getting their permission (once you have the city's permission) won't be easy.

Then there is the local law enforcement. RCMP or local police - you'll need their permission as well. Good luck on a futile mission.

My folks have a 5 acre property that has had deer and coyotes on it. I do see in the regs alot of no shooting area and Fire arms using shot only. Would the no Shooting area be no shooting period? How does that work with a bow not being a firearm?
    If a bow falls under the no shooting then ya I'm screwed. Thanks for all the info guys I am very new to the sport and am still trying to learn as much as possible.

Bow Walker Guest

"No Shooting" generally means that shotguns (buckshot only) and bows are OK. It's when it says "No Hunting" or "Private Property" or "No Trespassing" that you're S.O.L. (shit out of luck).

Quote Originally Posted by Bow Walker View Post
    "No Shooting" generally means that shotguns (buckshot only) and bows are OK. It's when it says "No Hunting" or "Private Property" or "No Trespassing" that you're S.O.L. (shit out of luck).

No shooting means NO guns, bows are OK. No hunting means what it says. Cities and municipalities can and have declared their respective areas as NO Hunting. Check with your city or municipal office. Going with past history, asking on here is most surely not the thing to do.
    I harvest carrots. I kill animals.

How about spear hunting. Handfull of carrots and a spear would work n my area

OK thanks thats what I thought NO Hunting means No Hunting and No Shooting means No Shooting of usually rifles. I will check with the town bylaws. There are a few No Hunting areas most are parks. Thanks again.

Did you know it is leagle to hunt pigeon's in down town Port Coquitlam with a 177cal pellet rifle.

There might be a new law that now over rides the old law, there's not as many pigeon's around like when I was a kid. We had to run across the Coquitlam River bridge so you wouldn't get bombed with Pigeon poop.