Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: New Site

Re: New Site

Quote Originally Posted by Pioneerman View Post
    I had to keep toggling back between the two when going from the main page and the forum pages too, so I understand what he is saying, it was terrible on two of my computers running IE8 newest version, but I did go and upgrade to IE9 I don't like it as much, but the site shows perfectly now and great job changing the text colours very nice and easy on the eyes now
    I don't have a machine with IE8 at this point at home, so I can't confirm. I will check it at work, I have IE8 there, but when I was looking at it last night, it seemed fine. I'm still working to try and resolve this. I know what's causing it and am working to fix it. I don't have an ETA yet.

The black forum text way better
    KEEP SHOOTING OR SHOOT A BIG GUN!!!!
    IF YOU DON'T HUNT YOU AINT RIGHT IN THE HEAD!!!!!!!!!
    A SCREAMING ELK THERE'S NOTHIN BETTER!!!!!!
    KNOW WHEN TO KEEP THE WIFE OUT OF MY HUNTING SPOTS !!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by spink View Post
    I don't have a machine with IE8 at this point at home, so I can't confirm. I will check it at work, I have IE8 there, but when I was looking at it last night, it seemed fine. I'm still working to try and resolve this. I know what's causing it and am working to fix it. I don't have an ETA yet.
    Spink I had 8 and it had the same issue. Home page was messed up or forum was messed up depending on if the compatibility was checked or not. I upgraded to 9 (which was free) and it all seems good know. IE9 is a little different but I am liking it the more I use it.

Hmmmm 2 days of screwing around...not really impressed...

STill 5 miles wide..and I did update my home computer HOWEVER CANT UPDATE my govt one...makes readin /answering POOP!!!!!

in my personal file or whatever the he;; you call it I do NOT have anyheading that lets me read my past posts...

CANT FIND MY PAST POSTS SEARCHING.....

SORRY for me this is a epic fail.......wasted too many hors for somethiung that was supposed to be new and upgraded...

no cheers here..some of us are NOT tech savey..and this is the only site EVER I have waste so much time just to get on and try and find info or answer....DUMB move!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steven Rupp

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post

STill 5 miles wide..and I did update my home computer HOWEVER CANT UPDATE my govt one...makes readin /answering POOP!!!!!

in my personal file or whatever the he;; you call it I do NOT have anyheading that lets me read my past posts...

SORRY for me this is a epic fail.......wasted too many hors for somethiung that was supposed to be new and upgraded...

no cheers here..some of us are NOT tech savey..and this is the only site EVER I have waste so much time just to get on and try and find info or answer....DUMB move!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steven Rupp
    Be patient and read..... you will figure out how to make it work.

Love it! Great, thanks for all your work!! We use Mozilla, and no probs here at all.

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post

Steven Rupp
    1) Re: 5 miles wide - What browser are you using? I'm more than happy to try and help. Please keep in mind that I'm still working to fix it for older browsers. (going on day 5 now... wife not happy!) Should I mention that logging out seems to fix it (at least as far as I can tell)? Not that it help for posting replies, but at least reading. I would chastise you for surfing and posting from work, but I'm guilty of it too.

2) Click "My Profile" at the top of the page, then once you're looking at your profile click "find all posts" and this will show you all your old posts.

3) The world is moving forward. We have to move with it or risk loosing everything. I'm sorry if change disrupts the norm. I realize that our old template was in place for around 7 years! That's a long time without change and no doubt came as a shock. Trust me, you will get use to it and you won't look back. Besides, you're here for the content, not the layout. If they layout is a deal breaker for you, I'm sorry.

4) I appreciate who our readers are and the level of technical skill set. I don't expect everyone to have an education in comp. sci. in order to use this site. I'm doing my best to please everyone.

5) Raging on the forums won't help things along.

I would like to believe that we have come along way in the past 8 years and I think it's always been for the better. To put things in perspective, this is how we started out and where we have wound up:

Spencer

hmmm maybe instead of posting shit that doesnt come up...fix the problems???

sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh.....

it worse, and doesnt work....

srupp

Looks good I think. Color scheme is easier on the eyes, site functions quicker as well.

Internet Explorer 9 upgrade will take care of the 3 mile wide screen issue.

Wow, Srupp, sounds like you need someone to come over and tune your computer up. You're not a guy who complains very often. I'm running Mozilla Firefox on my computer and have been logging in on my iPhone as well. No issues whatsoever with the new site. I like the way the colors have been adjusted at the request of members. Keep up the good work, Spencer. I'm sure the kinks will get worked out soon.
    Last edited by coach; 03-27-2011 at 02:19 PM.