Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Galore creek mine

Galore creek mine

Does anyone know if the mine is still a go or if the road is still under construction.this is a link to some photos taken during the research.hope the link works,the pics are nicehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/jimbob_...n/photostream/

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Galore creek mine

http://s1236.photobucket.com/albums/...t=IMG_2725.jpg

Pic of a glacier near the coppertop mountain last summer

Last time I drove past the road entrance (mid February) they had the gate closed... First time I've ever seen the gate closed. I'll ask around and see if I can dig up any info for you.

Still some details to work out but definitely moving in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by J_T View Post
    Still some details to work out but definitely moving in the right direction.
    Are they still trying to figure out what to do with the contaminated water that is produced?

Haven't a clue. Do you mean are they reviewing how they will manage their tailings?

The road was plowed quite a ways back and people on site at one of the inner camps when I flew over a few weeks ago. Construction people only allowed past the security gate about 2 km in off the highway.
    Here's to the land of diamond hitches, packers and cooks, the Ol' Son$ofbitche$.......... Skook Davidson

Quote Originally Posted by .270 View Post
    Are they still trying to figure out what to do with the contaminated water that is produced?
    Last summer I was up there helping. We were doing packer tests to see how the water was going to drain through the ground where they were thinking of putting the tailings pond so I guess they are working on it.

The recent approval of the Northwest Transmission Line has spurred Novagold and all the other mines in the area to proceed with more drilling and minning development plans.

Novagold is also in the process of buying out their neighbour Copper Canyon Resources. Another neighbour Copper Fox Metals has seen their stock prices double in the past month and a half.

Rumours in the helicopter community has the project ramping back up this spring. The heli side of operations anyways.