Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help!!! easy hunting trip

Help!!! easy hunting trip

I would like to take my grandpa hunting one last time this fall. He is the man that introduced me to hunting and has not been able to go as he has cancer. Well this year I promised myself that I would take him and have talked to him about it and he is very excited. My problem is that when I go I take a tent with a few friends and the trucks and sleep in the back. I need something so he will be comfortable and able to get around.. Prob a cabin with heat so he is comfortable any ideas???? We are looking to go for a week and to see him get something one last time...but its all about the time spent wiht him 4 me... hope you can help thanks any resorts that are hunter friendly????

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Help!!! easy hunting trip

Awwww, that's such a cool idea Fudge! I'd google fishing resorts and find some cabins near where you want to hunt, they're generally pretty reasonable, and he might be into a bit of fishing in the afternoon. Most of those places have aluminum boats with motors for rent.
    B.C., PRE-NDP, formerly the best place to play! Cogito, ergo armatus sum!

We are looking at the okanogan I have a boat that I would take....

PM BigfishCanada and see if he has something that will work for you

http://www.bclakefronts.com/
    Last edited by lip_ripper00; 03-21-2011 at 05:57 PM.
    [Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

If you cite things that happen in the US of A but live in Canada, then you might be living as an idiot in a great country. ..... clueless

u can try tunkwa lake(in logan lake), they have an ad in the hunting regs, its a nice area in there, i"ve hunted it alittle bit for spring bear last year. seen alot of deer and a big ass moose in there,
    Last edited by sarg; 03-21-2011 at 08:17 PM.

Bear/Lambly Lake and Headwaters Lakes both have cabin rentals not far from decent mulie hunting, the first is west of Kelowna, the second west of Peachland. Dee Lake Resort east of Winfield also has cabins for rent, in good deer country.
    B.C., PRE-NDP, formerly the best place to play! Cogito, ergo armatus sum!

guest Guest

Chataway Thataway, Thataway Chataway, to Chataway Lakes out of Merrit then Drive those roads with his favorite tunes in the background. Go during any buck season, or put him in for LEH does too. Chataway rents out Cabins, as some one said Tunkwa Lake Resort.

Good luck to you and gramps. Sounds cool and a fun thing to do.

CT

An admirable venture on your part.

You didn't mention what species you're after.
    If you're not stuck on staying closer to home, there's lots of lakeside cabin resorts that are very hunter friendly (with added decent fishing) around Prince George area - 1 to 2 hr. drive from city depending on where they are.
    They are off the well beaten track but still easy to access.
    Approx. 10 hr. drive from LML depending on how hard you push.
    Moose, black bears and upland birds in abundance, fair deer hunting, decent fishing in the lakes and steams.
    As good as it gets in terms of game sightings, etc. All zones are on LEH for mature bull moose, odds of success in draw are usually about 3 to 6 : 1. Open season on immies/two-tiners.
    A bull LEH draw pretty much guarantees success. Apply for "shared" LEH hunt and it improves your odds of a drawing considerably.
    Last 10 days of Sept into early Oct. is best time. Truck, walk, quad, spot & stalk, calling, lots of lakes, swamps, cut blocks, etc. etc.
    Most of the cabins/resorts are reasonably priced and set up to accommodate and welcome hunters, hangin' poles, etc., different sizes of cabins offered, and have RV & tent sites as well. Easy access with pickups, quads and small boats extend your hunting areas even more.

Good luck with your plans.

The whole area around Chataway Lakes has been stripped of trees cause of the beetle kill. Not much for game seen around there now.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Red View Post
    The whole area around Chataway Lakes has been stripped of trees cause of the beetle kill. Not much for game seen around there now.
    Hmmmm.......
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.