Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hiking with a shot gun

Re: Hiking with a shot gun

Quote Originally Posted by islander338 View Post
    Do I have to have my registration certificates with me whenever I am carrying a firearm???

I carry mine at all times take a copy of the original one..
    Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..

Recent Nanaimo transplant to Williams Lake

From what I understand is you have to be able to show your registration if asked, so that would mean yes. I make a copy of all mine and put them on a sheet or two and take them to Staples and get them laminated and cut them into card sized pieces afterward for packing with me. I also write on the copy before laminating which gun it is so I do not have to check serial #'s every time. Then of course I keep the original at home in the safe. I do not think you are allowed to laminate the original, but they can't say anything about you doing that to a copy

I can't find it in the synopsis, but at one time a person who carried a firearm in the "off season" - that is to say for plinking, targets, and protection and not for hunting at all, had to buy a "licence to carry". I think it was $1. Does anyone know if that is still in effect, as it applies to the question?
    Last edited by Chuck; 03-21-2011 at 08:37 AM.
    They'll never end hunting...may make it illegal, but they'll never really kill that way of life!

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    I can't find it in the synopsis, but at one time a person who carried a firearm in the "off season" - that is to say for plinking, targets, and protection and not for hunting at all, had to buy a "licence to carry". I think it was $1. Does anyone know if that is still in effect, as it applies to the question?

No.

All you need is your PAL and reg certificate.
    Another thing that I do is keep the gun handy, but out of sight as possible. For when you run into other hikers. Just makes things easier for when you run into granola munchers.
    JB flang is my hero.

Moose guide infamous quote.
    "when you shoot em just right their feathers go puff"

I buy the laminating kits from the $ store for my registration copy's. Get about 8 for a $.