Thread: Spring is almost here...

Spring is almost here...

I know most of you will be taking pokes at so beautiful black bears in April. I am too hoping to go out for my first bear hunt.
    However once I get my days off kind of sorted out I would also like to spend a day or 2 trying to clean up some. Last fall I drove passed an area up by beaver lake that needs some serious TLC. I should be home around the 24th ish of April and would like to maybe set something up for the 30th. Is there anyone on here that would be up for this. Would be a great way to meet some other local hunters. I know people use that area I passed a couple guys with barrels hanging out the window and beer in their hand..

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Spring is almost here...

Good for you i hope some locals chip-in and help you out,

Still have 4 feet of snow on my front lawn. Be lucky to to get out in April maybe May if not June LOL

adamgarbett is offline 🍻🍺🍻🍺🍻🍺🍻🍺🍻

Still neck deep up nicola fsr
    i am moose jinxed

I havent been home yet actually I havent been home since some time in the beginning of January, seem to be working a tad bit too much. Heard the snow is melting I will be home on the 27th of this month and gonna take a drive up there. If it is still ugly then I would plan it for May 28

Was in Winfield this weekend and the hills got a fresh dumping there on Saturday, was pretty low dow. Will still be a while before the ground is bare. I would be interested in helping depending on timing.

DD

We should start to green up around here any day now Since Friday we must have had at least 6-7" of new snow. Highs for wed -12 yeehaw!

I do know what you mean about clean up though, once the snow melts up here it's ugly, real F-ing ugly until the winds come The boys make a pretty good killing on the empties along the oilfield roads when we head out looking for sheds and bears. Good on ya for spending some time picking up the garbage.

W.
    Never Mind The Bullshit !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by luckynuts View Post
    We should start to green up around here any day now Since Friday we must have had at least 6-7" of new snow. Highs for wed -12 yeehaw!

I do know what you mean about clean up though, once the snow melts up here it's ugly, real F-ing ugly until the winds come The boys make a pretty good killing on the empties along the oilfield roads when we head out looking for sheds and bears. Good on ya for spending some time picking up the garbage.

W.
    You must live on the sunny side of town.( lol ) Here is a picture of my driveway after I shoveled today the banks are over 6 ' high. Anyone heading north for spring bears might want to check with someone before making the drive. I think it is going to be a late spring. Hides should stay good for awhile though , if it stays this cold.
    Mike