Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Moving to Prince george

Re: Moving to Prince george

Quote Originally Posted by goatdancer View Post
    Old WAC Bennett used to call it "the smell of money".
    Thats what OLD everyone up here calls it, and a few of us as well
    Honey Holes! mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, that is all

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckShooter View Post
    the tubers go au natural in the summer...
    where down the Willow i'll bring the bee,r you bring the lawn chairs!
    Honey Holes! mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, that is all

I am pretty new to the PG area and it is hard to figure out. I havent figured out the good hunting part yet. The quading has been aluding me too. I guess when you grow up in an area you get to know it. The bush is thick up here and I will never get used to that. I was raised in Kamloops and have always hunted the open country. Work is plentiful though. I am closer to rocky mountains though.

decent place or i wouldnt be here.
    - i agree-lacking on good outdoor stores. northern trout fitters is the best we have which isnt saying much- this week along ive wanted at least half a dozen things- and which they "do not stock"-seems to be the answer to everything=they can order it in....-hehe-im not looking for oddball things- wholesale sports all has these things online-guess i will have to order in-just not locally...
    -that said-stock up on whatever you need before you make the move hehe...
    -tons of local lakes to fish-the fishing is endless, outdoors is great whatever direction u choose...
    -enjoy!!-maybe we all can meet up on a pg meet and greet one day...

p jizzle...too bad for you, and anyone that says otherwise has been there too long. Once you get outta PG its a good place to be, but inside city limits, not for this kid anymore at least.
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

Quote Originally Posted by swampthing View Post
    I am pretty new to the PG area and it is hard to figure out. I havent figured out the good hunting part yet. The quading has been aluding me too. I guess when you grow up in an area you get to know it. The bush is thick up here and I will never get used to that. I was raised in Kamloops and have always hunted the open country. Work is plentiful though. I am closer to rocky mountains though.
    Head out on the gas pipeline out by summit lake, or towards mossvale on the teardrop 200. Good quadding there. Try the blackwater, very good hunting and quadding out there. North Nechako is good for quadding. Give me a PM and I'll ship ya in a few directions for hunting spots, maybe even show you a few for blackies if yer interested. Moosin
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

I heard theres a new cover scent out for hunting the PG area "Eau De Pulp Mill" by one of the scent companies.Works well around Kamloops too.Kidding aside though,I've heard theres great hunting around there.

where the hell am i anyways this isnt where i left the truck

once your outside of town things are pretty nice, if your looking for some hunting spots I could give you a few for blackies, moose and elk, send me a pm
    Many a child journeys this high to be different. To get from here what their natures couldn't get them below. lt comes to nothing. Can't cheat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got it own ways.

make me feel like to move up there

Ive lived in pg for my whole life, absolute great hunting if you know where to go, and if you are going to quad then dont be one of the jackasses flying down the main roads! the fishing is great, so many lakes, try to get a house out of the bowl! ive never lived in the bowl and im glad of that!
    Even the worst day of hunting will always be better than a day at home