Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Know your region?

Re: Know your region?

Quote Originally Posted by mark View Post
    Region 8 has been pretty well shot out!
    I have to go elsewhere to find any deer.
    I have to agree.The fact that it's my home area encouraged me to hold out for the local grizzly draw(which I got this year).Instead of driving for hours to check out an area I don't know well,or running into bad weather a long way from home,I can look out the window to figure the weather and I know where the bears are.Don't have to ask for online advice either! Gunner
    Support the BCWF, they volunteer to benefit all of us.

no DEER up here,, all dead, tics, wolves, non-resident guided hunters , road kill, etc,etc,

keep looking,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

LMAO!!! Region 8 is just getting good. It is even drawing guys like me to explore some of my old haunts.

every year is a new area for me,i dont know if its a good thing or not but i get to see some really nice country side.

I'm not a big fan of hunting my home range (reg 2). Blacktails bore me. I'd much rather head to an area where the grass is yellower and more abundant...say reg 3, 4, 5 or 8.
    A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

I shot one of my Deer roughly 10 min.from my house and the other about an hr.As I mostly hunt Deer now I stick pretty close to home.If the truth were known I have Deer looking in my kitchrn window at times.

I generally hunt from home for deer. It's nice because I can jump on the quad in my yard and access crown land to hunt all day without having to start up the truck.
    For goats, sheep, etc I travel and enjoy seeing the rest of this beautiful province.
    Patiently waiting here on my roof for the mob of Zombies. Can't wait!!!

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

I primarially hunt close to home. I am venturing out further from PG though. I have a couple deer hunts planned this year, and an elk hunt planned so I will be heading to the Peace again for whitetails, elk and mulies. Moose I hunt from my house, know all the good spots! Funny though, I, like Dana am starting to re visit some of the old haunts for mulies and elk! Moosin
    Last edited by moosinaround; 03-18-2011 at 07:23 AM.
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    LMAO!!! Region 8 is just getting good. It is even drawing guys like me to explore some of my old haunts.
    Not the boundary country.......apparently no MD bucks left.

I have lived in 2 provinces and hunted for 45 years and at least 70 % of my succesful hunts have been within 10 kms of my house. I generaly hunt elk, whitetail and mulies and about 1/2 of the last 20 animals have been within sight of my house. The last 12 years have been in region 4 and 8 of those years I lived in town. I find the best hunting just outside city limits. I spent aprox. 25 days hunting this year (5x4 wt and 4x4 mulie) and did not burn 1 tank of fuel in my truck. Scout what is close and dont waste time driving.