Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Backpack size for Alpine mulies

Re: Backpack size for Alpine mulies

Thanks for every ones input. It Seems pretty universal on the 95 and I'll make sure to check out the Arcteryx store. I am a little leery buying a waterproof (water resistant bag) used, I never know what someone else has done to it. I'd hate to get a good deal but spring a leak. I know of anything I buy, the bag will be with me a long long time if it is any good so I don't mind spending a bit more on it.
    I already have a couple of waterproof compression bags and they're awesome! One doubles up as a bear cache and the other as a pillow.

Oh just thought of another question, what are you guys using for bear caches if you are camping just above the treeline?

I use those mesh bags you can buy at almost any outdoor store. Either that or that burlapy bag that your sleeping bag comes in. Little bit of rope and up the tree she goes. Those mesh bags are fantastic. All your mountain house meals and goodies in one bag keeps the pack neat and tidy and your not digging for hours trying to find stuff. Cheers.

Ohhhh.....above the tree line.....sorry.....For those high up trips I dont bring many food products that would attract bears. Not really thinking of bears so much but just the fact hey are lighter. Mainly dehydrated noodles and such. The best bear defence above the tree line....My Savage with one in the tube!

MSR HubaHuba is a great alpine tent, I use the tatonka lastenkraxe for all my hunts, carries HEAVY loads better than any internal framed pack, I.M.H.O. go get your 6pt this year!