Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: WhY Did This Happen ????.

Re: WhY Did This Happen ????.

was the bolt pushed right to the string before you shot ? that is the golden question . I had one blow up on me years ago because of that . must make sure bolt is all the way back.
    keeping life simple

Well seems like a good time for a story after reading this. Years ago when I lived near Ottawa Ontario. I was out hunting deer with a cross bow. Trying to fill my last anterless tag. I got into stand, took an arrow out of my quiver and like I always do I made sure the broadhead was tight. To my surprise it turned but the whole insert turned. I put that arrow back in the quiver, grabbed another arrow and put it in the bow. Was an excellant night had 12 deer feeding infront of me. A doe came to within12yards so I took the shot. Heard the "twap!!" All deer took off. Waited a few minutes then climbed down outta the stand and walked over to where the deer was standing when I shot. There was a little bit of cut hair on the ground. I looked past the spot to see if my arrow had pass through. The was a small hole in the snow a few yards away. Brushing the snow away expecting to find my arrow, to my surprise I found my broadhead attached to the insert laying in the snow, no arrow. I never recovered that animal unfortunately. Looked for hours with my body and only found about 3 drops of blood. Never did find the arrow.

Lesson of the day- Always make sure your insert are glued in properly!

"A rifle hunter's hunt is over at 200yrds, a bowhunter's hunt is just beginning at 200yrds."

"Train Hard, Hunt Easy."

"A bow hunter in a week will learn what a rifle hunter learns in a lifetime."- Fred Bear

I just tested all the inserts in all my arrows and bolts (about four dozen in all). LOTS of the inserts turned, and Wayne - ALL the GT Crossbow bolt inserts turned. So I pulled them out, scruffed up the inside of the carbon shafts, cleaned up the inserts, and re-glued them all.

Glad you received the new 2011 bow, and upgraded scope. Please let me know when your new bolts arrive and if the inserts were loose! Cheers
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

Sounds like operator error. It you were using the leather because the string was getting too hot between your fingers this is a problem. The string only needs to be waxed
    about every 60 or so shots. If the string looked like it needed to be waxed after 30 shots ie: tiny frays or looked a little furry, I don't think I would have used it.
    I fixed a friend up with one of the Maximus crossbows and they are great, I regret not buying the thing as it was a demo model he got a screaming
    deal on it. I have shot both the Excalibur Exomax & the Maximus and you can tell the thing apart. The first time I laid hands on the crossbow I couldn`t tell it
    wasn't a excalibur, the quality is there for sure.
    Don't worry about a pandemic, stupidity is spreading way faster